Taking a profit

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:43 AM

Taking a 28 point profit on SPX options strategies. See entry point during the last hour of June 4th. It is not easy, but somebody has to do it. Denleo

#2 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:51 AM

Taking a 28 point profit on SPX options strategies. See entry point during the last hour of June 4th.

It is not easy, but somebody has to do it.

Denleo

Nicely done. Yes, someone has to do the dirty/immoral bear job.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#3 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:03 AM

Taking a 28 point profit on SPX options strategies. See entry point during the last hour of June 4th.

Denleo

immoral. no; It's helping to keep the markets efficient.

#4 peregrine

peregrine

• Traders-Talk User
  • 526 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:03 AM

Knowing that you rely on a broad array of inputs/indicators... I would like to ask if there is one in particular that caused you to cover at this point in time ? I covered and went partially long yesterday...and though the longs were green EOD, I spent the majority of the day yesterday second-guessing my own judgement. Thanks. P

#5 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:08 AM

Knowing that you rely on a broad array of inputs/indicators... I would like to ask if there is one in particular that caused you to cover at this point in time ?
I covered and went partially long yesterday...and though the longs were green EOD, I spent the majority of the day yesterday second-guessing my own judgement.
Thanks.
P

I covered this morning because hourly indicators got oversold and I don't think we are going into freefall.

Denleo

#6 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:12 AM

Dennis, what reasons make you think little downside ahead? just curious. Is it simply what the market has trained us to think in recent mos. or something else that makes you think most of the downside is in?

#7 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:18 AM

Dennis,

what reasons make you think little downside ahead? just curious. Is it simply what the market has trained us to think in recent mos. or something else that makes you think most of the downside is in?

I think you misunderstood me. I simply don't know what happens next short-term. Nothing will surprize me at this point, therefore I took profits.

Denleo

#8 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:26 AM

thank you

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:54 AM

Denleo

immoral. no; It's helping to keep the markets efficient.

atta boy....snort