cycles

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

i have to judge this as the onset of the correction or consolidation into the 4.5 yr cycle low i expect in late july. waiting to see what cycle based downside projections will indicate. the INDU envelope/NYSE breadth system sell remained in effect even as it seemed to weaken a bit in signal strength. i expect an approach to the lower 4% envelope eventually. still short RUT june futures from 838.40 and 848.20, will roll to septs. will look to short es's on a bounce.

envelopes

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$INDU&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&i=t90496168033&r=8609.png
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:37 PM

Aire, End of July would push it alot lower than your band would it not? BTW...I am seeing a low in late July/early Aug. on some indexes too, including Shanghai.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#3 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:40 PM

well russ, don't you think the lower envelope will change as prices change? i'm not saying today's lower envelope price is the target zone for late july.
airedale

And hie the terriers in;

Ring-Ouzel, England

#4 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:46 PM

2 months down is a pretty long time, some serious damage should be done by then. Sorry took you literally on the current band price.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#5 Swiss Trader

Swiss Trader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:12 PM

The Nyad yesterday was near a sell.
Interesting system

Posted Image

Albert

tLCTRQ5.jpg

#6 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:23 PM

Airedale, much thanks for sharing your work.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#7 kc135a

kc135a

• Traders-Talk User
  • 501 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:30 PM

i have to judge this as the onset of the correction or consolidation into the 4.5 yr cycle low i expect in late july. waiting to see what cycle based downside projections will indicate. the INDU envelope/NYSE breadth system sell remained in effect even as it seemed to weaken a bit in signal strength. i expect an approach to the lower 4% envelope eventually. still short RUT june futures from 838.40 and 848.20, will roll to septs. will look to short es's on a bounce.

Nice work, ..., as usual.

KC

#8 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

closed the june ruts for +19.90. poor trade, jumped the gun shorting a week or more too early and then the darn rut gained some strength cycle wise. flat right now but will be back in overnight. i want to keep some exposure for the downside with some room to short more on a rally.
airedale

And hie the terriers in;

Ring-Ouzel, England

#9 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:19 PM

Aire, "poor trade?", lol. Don't be too hard on yourself. A profitable trade is a good trade. Got caught up in the same "trap" as you with RUT shifting to relative strength last week. I closed yesterday with a small profit. FYI, the Indu Vol McClellan Osc hit an 7+ year low today at -146 or so. Even lower than March 07 and Sept 01. Might be good for a bounce here, as we are at/near 50 ma on RUT, spx, vle, wlsh, nya. Finally getting 2.5 and 5wk crosses and borderline on 10wk on RUT, huh. Be good. Echo

#10 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 07:23 PM

The Nyad yesterday was near a sell.
Interesting system

Posted Image

Albert

Btw .. you are on to something ... that's a good chart,.. may just need a tweak or two.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!