Best brokers in UK or Ireland - question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 caspary

caspary

• Traders-Talk User
  • 682 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:22 AM

Anyone have experience trading from the UL and Ireland? I am moving to UK and will also be based in Ireland and was wondering if anyone trades from either country and any advice on brokers or data providers I could check out. I trade only US equities, futures and options. Thank you.

#2 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:30 AM

Anyone have experience trading from the UL and Ireland? I am moving to UK and will also be based in Ireland and was wondering if anyone trades from either country and any advice on brokers or data providers I could check out. I trade only US equities, futures and options. Thank you.

Etrade.

TD waterhouse.

All of them are cr*p becasue they mainly convert the stock into local currency on the way in and out.

Try and keep your US one open.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#3 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:20 AM

caspary You may want to ask Silent One John who posts on the gold board. He lives in the UK. Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#4 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:44 AM

Keep an account with an online broker - change your phone / address to that of a relative. Other than margin calls, they never write or call anyway. I do that for my daughter in Rome. There may be tax implications involved in the locus of the account vis-a-vis place of residence.

Edited by selecto, 13 June 2007 - 09:46 AM.

#5 espresso

espresso

• Traders-Talk User
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:57 AM

CMC Markets: for Spread Betting CFDs and Forex is just the best, worth have a look!
Spesi FF