Question from Newbie

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sacajamo

sacajamo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:31 AM

This is my first post on this forum. It looks like a great site and I am eager to become more involved and explore it further. I recently opened up my own business, and would like to roll over my 401(k) from my old employer. I am thinking about rolling it over into Rydex funds and doing a solo 401(k). My question is--is there a website, discussion board, etc. for Rydex funds, specifically with advice on what to buy and sell? I have looked at decisionpoint.com and I also see that there is a message board below that requires a password that may be worth investigating. With 70+ mutual funds and a unique product offering, I think Rydex may be a good option, but I am not comftorable totally deciding on my own the buy/sell signals. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#2 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:22 AM

you might try the wellington letter. I think but not sure he is pretty good

#3 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:39 AM

This is my first post on this forum. It looks like a great site and I am eager to become more involved and explore it further.

I recently opened up my own business, and would like to roll over my 401(k) from my old employer. I am thinking about rolling it over into Rydex funds and doing a solo 401(k).

My question is--is there a website, discussion board, etc. for Rydex funds, specifically with advice on what to buy and sell? I have looked at decisionpoint.com and I also see that there is a message board below that requires a password that may be worth investigating. With 70+ mutual funds and a unique product offering, I think Rydex may be a good option, but I am not comftorable totally deciding on my own the buy/sell signals.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

YES... it is called decisionpoint.com I've used it for years...and traders-talk of coarse....

and welcome to the board

At Dp you can see every chart of Rydex funds and procharts...I think.. but Carl has something set up with in depth b/s signals on each Rydex fund.

He's adding so much stuff all the time I can't keep up with it.. a lot for the $

Let me know when you get it,. and I'll help navigate you thru to what it is you are interested in,.. and what I
think may also be important for you to see. ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 13 June 2007 - 11:43 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#4 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:39 AM

This is my first post on this forum. It looks like a great site and I am eager to become more involved and explore it further.

I recently opened up my own business, and would like to roll over my 401(k) from my old employer. I am thinking about rolling it over into Rydex funds and doing a solo 401(k).

My question is--is there a website, discussion board, etc. for Rydex funds, specifically with advice on what to buy and sell? I have looked at decisionpoint.com and I also see that there is a message board below that requires a password that may be worth investigating. With 70+ mutual funds and a unique product offering, I think Rydex may be a good option, but I am not comftorable totally deciding on my own the buy/sell signals.

Stay in money market funds till u learn about funds.Apply these linked signals to Rydex funds.Find an expert TA guru on this board.

http://www.wwfn.com/crashupdate.html
vitaminm

#5 sacajamo

sacajamo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:56 AM

YES... it is called decisionpoint.com I've used it for years...and traders-talk of coarse....

and welcome to the board

At Dp you can see every chart of Rydex funds and procharts...I think.. but Carl has something set up with in depth b/s signals on each Rydex fund.

He's adding so much stuff all the time I can't keep up with it.. a lot for the $

Let me know when you get it,. and I'll help navigate you thru to what it is you are interested in,.. and what I
think may also be important for you to see. ;)

Great! I looked at the Wellington Letter guy, but he charges $1800 annually for his Fearless Forecast mutual fund picks.

In regard to Decisionpoint....do they have a solid track record? It doesnt look like they post their performance. Do they list buy/sell/hold suggestions for each Rydex fund and is it easy to decipher?

I will be picking your brain more I am sure. I am in the process of filling out the paperwork to convert my 401k, so it will still be a few days before I am ready...just getting all my ducks in a row.

#6 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:57 AM

Stay in money market funds till u learn about funds.Apply these linked signals to Rydex funds.Find an expert TA guru on this board.

http://www.wwfn.com/crashupdate.html

U may find Rydex traders here.
http://stockcharts.c...t...ow&disp=RED
vitaminm

#7 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:15 PM

We do work with Rydex. They are a bit high on the expense ratio, however. You can check out some pretty good stuff in the Market Analysis are here, for free. Regards, Mark Young Founder Traders-talk.com

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#8 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:53 PM

In regard to Decisionpoint....do they have a solid track record? It doesn't look like they post their performance. Do they list buy/sell/hold suggestions for each Rydex fund and is it easy to decipher?

Welcome to the board. Info at Market Analysis below is a ton of good reading for free.
DP is an information site run by a very smart TA guy who has been around for a long time. The cost of his site is not much and you get more info than you can use. Yes there are buy/hold/sell signals on a lot of products. Go there and look around he may even have a trial membership.
There is some very good info posted on this site, but be careful, you must do your on DD.
Good luck and any number of posters are willing to help new people.
mss

Edited by mss, 13 June 2007 - 02:55 PM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!