Bearish sentiment.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:55 PM

Just wondering. What the f does this market have to do for people to stop trying to sell it short. We are in an endless parabolic uptrend, fueled by apparently endless amount of liquidity. and endless profit growth. And for the past 4 years bearish sentiment has been coming out in force on every single downtick, not allowing the parabolic uptrend to have any sizable corrections. What does this market have to do for bears to give up on it already ? What can possibly change this sentiment ? 4 years of parabolic rally did nothing to change it. No capitulation even in sight.

Edited by ogm, 13 June 2007 - 01:57 PM.

#2 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:05 PM

Just wondering. What the f does this market have to do for people to stop trying to sell it short.

We are in an endless parabolic uptrend, fueled by apparently endless amount of liquidity. and endless profit growth. And for the past 4 years bearish sentiment has been coming out in force on every single downtick, not allowing the parabolic uptrend to have any sizable corrections.

What does this market have to do for bears to give up on it already ? What can possibly change this sentiment ?

4 years of parabolic rally did nothing to change it. No capitulation even in sight.

oqm,

Now that you have started to question the bears, that in itself is a sentiment change. I have rarely seen any bullish posts from you.

Prechter capitulated.
Russell capitulated.
Tim wood, Tim Ord, Robert Mchugh..........i can go on and on.....have all capitulated.
All the Permas on this board have turned bullish. Except one or two, who never will.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#3 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

How about a perception of a robust economy. The Media is telling us how bad the housing situation is, and how it will effect the economy, so people are jitterish and shorting. I am looking at the Sentiment, and waiting for it to at least go Neutral, then taking a reading on the economy and market internals to see what I will be doing next. I think we will have a big bull run higher for the next three months, then a sell-off to the 200-day MA, which will be about where we are now. Barry

#4 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:13 PM

Just wondering. What the f does this market have to do for people to stop trying to sell it short.

We are in an endless parabolic uptrend, fueled by apparently endless amount of liquidity. and endless profit growth. And for the past 4 years bearish sentiment has been coming out in force on every single downtick, not allowing the parabolic uptrend to have any sizable corrections.

What does this market have to do for bears to give up on it already ? What can possibly change this sentiment ?

4 years of parabolic rally did nothing to change it. No capitulation even in sight.

oqm,

Now that you have started to question the bears, that in itself is a sentiment change. I have rarely seen any bullish posts from you.

Prechter capitulated.
Russell capitulated.
Tim wood, Tim Ord, Robert Mchugh..........i can go on and on.....have all capitulated.
All the Permas on this board have turned bullish. Except one or two, who never will.

Well, from my personal perspective, I see my technical indicators on daily and weekly starting to roll over to the downside, and I'm probing shorts, last few days, but once again I see sky high put/call, and a lot of people trying to short the market, and the price once again isn't giving up... and I'm thinking WTF.. not again. When will these people give up already. And of course the price isn't cooperating.

So thats why I'm wondering, what will make people give it up.

But you do have a point. I'm scared senseless to shorty this market.

#5 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

Bears or Bulls.....who gives a [bleeeep] who's fur is flying......a fortune can be made both ways........I never can understand why people get all tied into being a bear or a bull. Use sentiment......it's a tool....not for me...but for some.

Edited by Teaparty, 13 June 2007 - 02:24 PM.

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:23 PM

Options sentiment during this week is not so reliable. We did know that they (da Boyz) were going to bounce it, though, right? It was just a matter of figuring out if it was going to be today, tomorrow or Friday. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#7 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:34 PM

Options sentiment during this week is not so reliable.

We did know that they (da Boyz) were going to bounce it, though, right? It was just a matter of figuring out if it was going to be today, tomorrow or Friday.

Mark

But it seems that this is the case every week, every month and every day. Every downtick has been generating huge short interest for years. NYSE short interest is close to all time highs now too, if I'm not mistaken. Thats why pullbacks are getting more and more shallow every time. And the parabolic is getting more and more stretched.

Look at the 3 pullbacks we had this year so far for example. Gigantic put/cal;l and bearish sentiment sp[ies on every shallow pullback.

Edited by ogm, 13 June 2007 - 02:39 PM.

#8 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:37 PM

what do you see in the cards for thursday and friday?

Cheers

Options sentiment during this week is not so reliable.

We did know that they (da Boyz) were going to bounce it, though, right? It was just a matter of figuring out if it was going to be today, tomorrow or Friday.

Mark

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:58 PM

oqm,

Prechter capitulated.
Russell capitulated.

prechter has not capitulated by a long shot....tim ord is justa trader neither bear or bull.....fleckenstine....hussman.. eliades....granville..etc etc gonna hate the market the higher we go....

#10 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:53 PM

Bears or Bulls.....who gives a [bleeeep] who's fur is flying......a fortune can be made both ways........I never can understand why people get all tied into being a bear or a bull. Use sentiment[color=#FF0000]......it's a tool....not for me...but for some.

i don't think they have a choice in the way they think. some things you just can't will away. i don't control most of our money for that reason.

ed rader

oqm,

Prechter capitulated.
Russell capitulated.

prechter has not capitulated by a long shot....tim ord is justa trader neither bear or bull.....fleckenstine....hussman.. eliades....granville..etc etc gonna hate the market the higher we go....

on cnbc today david tice said to sell equities and buy precious metals.

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/