Last chance to get out....

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:57 AM

was Thursday IMHO. I doubt it's gonna be a feel good friday, if you are long.

I was off by 4 ES points and a day on pinpointing the exact top of this countertrend rally. Notwithstanding the OPEX, my FF is for a fugly day on friday. My indicators are in a sweet-spot for a swift selloff here...

TRADE SAFE

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:12 AM

And a bradley turn date yesterday, we will see what happens with CPI

was Thursday IMHO. I doubt it's gonna be a feel good friday, if you are long.

I was off by 4 ES points and a day on pinpointing the exact top of this countertrend rally. Notwithstanding the OPEX, my FF is for a fugly day on friday. My indicators are in a sweet-spot for a swift selloff here...

TRADE SAFE

#3 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:55 AM

The bull/bear battle right here is classic...although I'd prefer as an ewaver to call it the battle of "is it a C or a 3" :P ....I'm still flat but ready to put a load on either way. I'm just hoping it's not just another boring day while they pin the OEX 700 strike.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NASI&p=D&yr=2&mn=0&dy=0&i=p59278092055&a=36757921&r=2207.png

#4 BigBadBear

BigBadBear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:42 AM

FF: DOW will be up over 200pts today at the close, up 300pts intraday. Remember my prediction for last friday...spot on being short is very dangerous for your health ...at this moment at least. bbb

#5 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:32 AM

My guess is a gap up, but if it gaps down, it will be probably bought immediately, but the chances for an up close is less given how quickly the market has become overbought with the rampant speculation yesterday...

#6 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:37 AM

backtest of ES futures failed lower rising channel line just now on this upside spike move in premkt following cpi release...good place to short? maybe ...see 1549.50 area for fills if interested

Edited by hiker, 15 June 2007 - 07:38 AM.

#7 youkim

youkim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:41 AM

NAV, This morning we have a triple gap up play set up, which you mentioned before. How does it work? If your indicator is correct, may we have a sharp sell off?

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:45 AM

All I know is that I'm glad I'm not short a near the money SPX Call spread. Ouch! For those who are just learning, the S&P options expire at the open--that's not the reported open, but rather the ACTUAL open as calculated by the ACTUAL open of each individual stock in the S&P. Basically, options players won't know the exercise value (if any) of their SPX options until everything is open. If you were hoping to drain premium this morning, well, you've got to sit there and take your owie. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#9 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:48 AM

Mark, what is your FF for ES? moving back up into the rising price channel, or bounce back now that it has touched the lower channel boundary on the daily in today's premkt? if you have one yet...thanks, and happy fishing...hope you managed some stream time this week. btw, note 42.24 on the HANS weekly..being tested iin premkt on upgrade

Edited by hiker, 15 June 2007 - 07:49 AM.

#10 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:52 AM

There's a lot of stimulus coming in from Bank of Japan overnight (another high in the USJYY), the Treasury from now to the end of the month (perhaps 70 billion dollars), and the usual from the Federal Reserve. I think it'll take an unwinding of the carry trade to counter all this taxpayer money going into the market. There's a definite skew from mid-month till the end of the month because of this.

Edited by Data, 15 June 2007 - 07:53 AM.