• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:35 AM

Let's see if any divergence shows up....OEX made a new high Friday..spx very close.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NYA&p=D&yr=0&mn=11&dy=21&i=p33348860583&a=109519309&r=9304.png

#2 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

Teaparty-"so far" my simple take, without reading other things in, would be-backtest. Although the wick would have gone through the lower line of your "wedge" on your previous OEX charts. the body settled tucked in, right underneath,no? Interesting times. Spooky

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 02:38 PM

but would like to be bearish

Why would you want to be anything but neutral and trade off what the market gives you to work with?

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:01 PM

Fib...I am....but for the sake of addressing the possible divergence developing in the chart I posted....I chose to use that title.

#5 borland

borland

• Traders-Talk User
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:31 PM

Teaparty, Besides the $NYAD fight with resistance, your chart is quite bullish. - Rising wedge is bullish; not to be confused with failure of rising wedge support line which is bearish. - Both RSI and MACD rising out of oversold (bullish). What's interesting is how the RSI has just painted a double bottom while the MACD is missing that. Comparing the similar Feb/Mar 07 dip, where the RSI fought with resistance, implies we could see another pullback before heading higher. But the higher lows of both RSI and MACD now over that of Mar 07, shows the uptrend is stronger now. So I say we go higher near term, but may get a pullback short term.

#6 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:04 PM

Fib...I am....but for the sake of addressing the possible divergence developing in the chart I posted....I chose to use that title.

Understood.

But keep in mind that until we see some breakdown in the overall direction of the NYAD line itself, the very momentum generated by this same money flow line can take many months before we see the price pattern itself terminate off of this same energy.

A good analogy...the A/D line is the wood that feeds the price fire...you can stop feeding the fire, but the warmth created by what has already been added can last many hours before extinguishing completely.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#7 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:51 AM

or to put it another way Fib......how long does it take to stop the Queen Mary?