• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:06 AM

The ARMS is low on this decline. I'm thinking it's Bullish for the market, near term. Snugged stop and raised target on shorts from 154600.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:15 AM

eeew. :huh: hate to see a great swing trader like yourself get snug stopped and still be right..with the initial position that is. and heck what's with da trading for ym $ when there's those RUT $ available? :)

Edited by Mr Dev, 19 June 2007 - 09:20 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#3 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:19 AM

The ARMS is low on this decline. I'm thinking it's Bullish for the market, near term.

Snugged stop and raised target on shorts from 154600.

How about TRINQ?
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#4 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:21 AM

I think if we do have a downtrend starting here, which is very likely, then it will be a slow grind down at first. There is plenty of errosion in internals and many weekly trends rolling over. Put call in the first 30 minutes was 0.48, the dip was being bought with a vengeance. What I don't want to see is a fast drop with high put call, then it would have a chance of reversing furiously. as for ARMS I've seen days, when it starts like today and accelerates by the close, when the market is unable to bounce.

#5 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

I think if we do have a downtrend starting here, which is very likely, then it will be a slow grind down at first.

There is plenty of errosion in internals and many weekly trends rolling over.

Put call in the first 30 minutes was 0.48, the dip was being bought with a vengeance. What I don't want to see is a fast drop with high put call, then it would have a chance of reversing furiously.

as for ARMS I've seen days, when it starts like today and accelerates by the close, when the market is unable to bounce.

Could not agree more. I think NAV alluded to it earlier, fast drops get bought quickly as all our measures spike out of control (ie PC). A slow roll-over results in a deeper move down, it is the same difference between a correction and a bear market just on a smaller level.
“be right and sit tight”

#6 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:29 AM

A slow roll-over results in a deeper move down, it is the same difference between a correction and a bear market just on a smaller level.

It may be slower than many of us think,...just this morning,,. my work was indicating that this could be a somewhat smoother and more arched curve and not an inverted V top at all.

But a very RARE and longer BOWL TOP.

During something like this playing the DOW or the S&P will result in tiny gains and tiny losses either way.....for what will likely be 3-4 months of little or NO money trading those two...

I feel someone could still make a living off of the RUT & NDXs ability to offer .50 % percent moves (x2,,,of couarse) !

Edited by Mr Dev, 19 June 2007 - 09:32 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:29 AM

Category: General Interest From: da_cheif (don wolanchuk) To: ALL Date Posted: June 18, 2007 at 17:03:49 Subject: 7n???...sooooo... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- clx students the 10 day offsets were worked off today.......now ready to support a blast after any early weakness on tuesday.......specially a gap down......TURN AROUND TUESDAY IS THE PLAN.... ....now WE C if da boys will go for the jugular for their post expiration inventory adjustment...and then cooperate with the CLX plan....dont fool wid mudda nature..........SJNORJHT >G<

#8 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:34 AM

sweet, sweet.

chief: blast off to new highs
mr. dev: slow roll-over
xd: crater time

awesome. hehe.

Category: General Interest
To: ALL
Date Posted: June 18, 2007 at 17:03:49
Subject: 7n???...sooooo...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clx students the 10 day offsets were worked off today.......now ready to support a blast after any early weakness on tuesday.......specially a gap down......TURN AROUND TUESDAY IS THE PLAN.... ....now WE C if da boys will go for the jugular for their post expiration inventory adjustment...and then cooperate with the CLX plan....dont fool wid mudda nature..........SJNORJHT >G<

“be right and sit tight”

#9 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:36 AM

DID I forget to ...... SNoRt SHoRT SNoRT again? :purebs:

Remember I don't sit on my trades ....I will be pulling money out FLIPPING just as I did in 04 and 05...:)

But for today let us not forget to watch dat VXN and VIX set up.

Edited by Mr Dev, 19 June 2007 - 09:44 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#10 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:55 AM

PLEASE keep all snorting friendly. Thanks. ;)