RUT & NDX THOUGHTS

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:51 AM

Well with the markets able to bounce off the lows ....and the weakest of them being the RUT there were

some pretty big gains in my favor....of course with my interval trade times set I saw more than half of the .-80%x2 given back.

Still Very happy however to hold overnight and ADD to my big +3.11% gains yesterday... it looks like I will still be

adding another .3% x2 or +.56 -.60% here this morning with my exit!

Without spending anytime to celebrate,... I took the position and moved it over the the NDX.....short that is.

Here's why the NDX was Up .40% at the time...need I say more.

Trade smart,...and stay relaxed. ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 21 June 2007 - 09:53 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 BigBadBear

BigBadBear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

do you ever lose Dev ?

#3 gorydog

gorydog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:14 AM

NDX:VIX (which I got from you or NAV) has stayed on a sell, keeping me short looking for a W bottom today GD

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:31 AM

Mr Dev, I also agree with you that SPX is probably done with this decline with about 10 more points or so downside and NDX has more downside about 30-40 points, same for RUT about 10-12 points, if a further sell off happens...

A wider volatility should change all of the trends to the downside considerably...

#5 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:09 AM

do you ever lose Dev ?

Funny :) .... we all know of course I do lose...depending on time of year,.. probably 20-30 percent of the time.

But allow me to point out more than the obvious.

This RuT trade from the 15th till this morning,.. probably out performed many a day trader strategy....and I only pushed a-button twice.

Thus,... experiencing a lot less stress,.. better foucs,...and a better, healthier life. :yinyang:

I always try and keep the actual loses at a small percentage,. and inversely ..( I always try ) and push my gain percentages above their averages.

Again going back to self analysis,..we should always check-in,.. on our averages for our gains and

our losses in our trading,...as it's an easy way to maintain consistent control !

Again, stayin in control will put you into that "trading zone" where time seems to slow down and you gain

"hyper-awarness" more easily. This is when we as traders achieve our winning streaks.

If you can't control your mind .........how can you..... exercise optimum control on your trades?

If some think it's just luck,...or even talent...it is Not!

I'm not a big sports nut, or cyclist fan but....

Think about Lance Armstrong, although he tested to have a bigger heart and a biological advantage,.. there
were also biological disadvantages,..like cancer,.. trying to take over control.

What's he doing winning another Tour de whatever,...after cancer?

He didn't obtain remarkable achievements without his mental game in place and in control !

Look Trading is the biggest MIND GAME there is.

Although most traders are constantly reworking and tuning their charts,...it's probably been a long time since "most traders" tuned their Mind.

With that the case it's not surpriseing they will mis what the charts where saying.

One's mind must free to move from being analytical back to being creative,

mixing the science and art to achieve Hyper-Awarness.

Maybe that's all the better traders are really doing?

;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:15 AM

Dev, I've always said, "a mind is a terrible thing!" I also like to say, "Stop me before I think again!" M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#7 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:33 AM

Good post Mr. Dev. One of my favorite quotes is: "Markets are easy, but we are difficult". Denleo

#8 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:17 PM

don't bring lance armstrong into the discussion

If you are on drugs and superior to your opponents the mental game becomes easier and requires less mental strength

apart from that trading stocks is like any sport - talent, luck and mental strength is required

you can't enjoy winning streaks without any of the above

do you ever lose Dev ?

Funny :) .... we all know of course I do lose...depending on time of year,.. probably 20-30 percent of the time.

But allow me to point out more than the obvious.

This RuT trade from the 15th till this morning,.. probably out performed many a day trader strategy....and I only pushed a-button twice.

Thus,... experiencing a lot less stress,.. better foucs,...and a better, healthier life. :yinyang:

I always try and keep the actual loses at a small percentage,. and inversely ..( I always try ) and push my gain percentages above their averages.

Again going back to self analysis,..we should always check-in,.. on our averages for our gains and

our losses in our trading,...as it's an easy way to maintain consistent control !

Again, stayin in control will put you into that "trading zone" where time seems to slow down and you gain

"hyper-awarness" more easily. This is when we as traders achieve our winning streaks.

If you can't control your mind .........how can you..... exercise optimum control on your trades?

If some think it's just luck,...or even talent...it is Not!

I'm not a big sports nut, or cyclist fan but....

Think about Lance Armstrong, although he tested to have a bigger heart and a biological advantage,.. there
were also biological disadvantages,..like cancer,.. trying to take over control.

What's he doing winning another Tour de whatever,...after cancer?

He didn't obtain remarkable achievements without his mental game in place and in control !

Look Trading is the biggest MIND GAME there is.

Although most traders are constantly reworking and tuning their charts,...it's probably been a long time since "most traders" tuned their Mind.

With that the case it's not surpriseing they will mis what the charts where saying.

One's mind must free to move from being analytical back to being creative,

mixing the science and art to achieve Hyper-Awarness.

Maybe that's all the better traders are really doing?

;)

#9 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:05 PM

If you are on drugs and superior to your opponents the mental game becomes easier and requires less mental strength

apart from that trading stocks is like any sport - talent, luck and mental strength is required

I already knew someone would bring that up....just wanted to see who is in a cynical mind-set!

And that tells me alot about you as a trader.

A
lso, don't you ever tell me,.... what NOT to bring up in my own words,.. "we " where never in discussion to begin with.

That was rude!

If you don't want to be inspired to trade better, ..then ignore me and move on!

NOW Lance is still a great example...he didn't win all those races... on drugs... lmao :lol:

Y
ou obviously MISSED the whole point of my sharing....to focus on something you didn't like!

Oh well!

Edited by Mr Dev, 21 June 2007 - 01:06 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#10 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:39 PM

first of all

i wrote "apart from that trading stocks is like any sport - talent, luck and mental strength is required

you can't enjoy winning streaks without any of the above" - seems like we're on the same page with regards to that

Second, I would not expect a trader to be that sensitive "that was rude"

are you serious with the following comment ""we " where never in discussion to begin with"

"you don't want to be inspired to trade better, ..then ignore me and move on!"

man long time since i've seen someone with such a lack of self-irony

How about you read my post again and see "if I dismissed you in a big way"

if you're looking to be cheered i feel sorry for you

obviously you have been able to completely misunderstand what i wrote and the how i wrote it

i will repeat again

"trading stocks is like any sport - talent, luck and mental strength is required. you can't enjoy winning streaks without any of the above"

cheers

I already knew someone would bring that up....just wanted to see who is in a cynical mind-set!

And that tells me alot about you as a trader.

A
lso, don't you ever tell me,.... what NOT to bring up in my own words,.. "we " where never in discussion to begin with.

That was rude!

If you don't want to be inspired to trade better, ..then ignore me and move on!

NOW Lance is still a great example...he didn't win all those races... on drugs... lmao :lol:

Y
ou obviously MISSED the whole point of my sharing....to focus on something you didn't like!

Oh well!