• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:42 PM

They are different...Volume is the key. On QQQQ, the pattern since late April has usually been described here and elsewhere as an expanding or ascending triangle, which is not necessarily a termination pattern...by any means. The key to defining a "bull market" expanding triangle is "declining" volume as the rally progresses and buyers get satiated. At that time a pullback may lead ultimately to higher prices after the correction. Terminal broadening tops, on the other hand, show a somewhat large "increase" in volume from the preceeding price action. More frantic, erratic, frenetic buying that somewhat defies logic and usually (90% of the time) resolves in a termination of the bull market and change of direction. What we have now on QQQQ is a "moderate" increase in volume. I'm not convinced the bull is ready to die yet, but this pattern has early earmarks of a termination pattern. The key price levels to watch here are the most recent pullback lows and rally highs. A close outside either is a signal worth trading. (2 charts)

U.F.O.

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:01 PM

when was the last time you saw a broadening top....

#3 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

Tonight...when I looked at QQQQ. U.F.O.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

so this is the first time u ever saw one????

#5 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:35 PM

Either post an opinion or go rain on someone else's parade. If I wanted to undergo a 3rd degree I'd call my mother-in-law. U.F.O.
~Benjamin Franklin~

#6 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:16 AM

well chief ,again,,we are students,you should teach.......thx I'm w/ you ,U F O . THE VHF needs one more high,at the end of the mo. end of 1/4 ,or 1/2.window dressing .do the deals befor summer (trading) spank, the top pickers -shorts, one more time brake up, befor a brake down. whip it good.......

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:34 AM

my questions are designed to get one to think......teaching is an art......i allways ask myself questions to get me to think.......no body taught me about the stock market.....cuz there wasnt anybody around to do it wut knew ********.......snort

#8 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:54 AM

that's a very good point chief we've been seeing bearish patterns all the way up. Time to whip out that card trick again to get your point across.

Edited by Vector, 22 June 2007 - 08:55 AM.

#9 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:35 PM

cheif. There's a difference between a question and an attempted disembowelment. One chartist to another. U.F.O.
~Benjamin Franklin~