TRIN 55 EMA

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:11 PM

Was looking at decision points charts and noticed that TRIN 55 MA is at some kind of major extreme low, at least going back 3 years. Decision point only goes back 3 years with that chart, and it has never been so extremely low. Not sure what that means, can't get a good picture of it on my system. Can someone post a TIRN/market chart with 55 MA going a few years back ?

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:19 PM

Not sure what that means, can't get a good picture of it on my system.

Keep in mind that we generated a TRIN of 16 on 2/27 that brought the 55 day SMA to such lows.

What did you want to know? I have data back to 1980.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:30 PM

Keep in mind that we generated a TRIN of 16 on 2/27 that brought the 55 day SMA to such lows.

Fib

I wanted to know if extreme low readings of this MA mean anything. This is an event that hasn't occured for at least 3 years.

#4 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:42 PM

Is this sort of what you were looking for? Doesnt appear to be at historic levels, but its pretty low and tops have formed at these levels in the past 6 years.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$TRI...1&listNum=3

Fib

I wanted to know if extreme low readings of this MA mean anything. This is an event that hasn't occured for at least 3 years.

“be right and sit tight”

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:43 PM

I wanted to know if extreme low readings of this MA mean anything. This is an event that hasn't occured for at least 3 years

The other times in which the 55 day moving average of NYSE TRIN reached the 1.40 level are:

December 1987

July, August, September 2002

March, April 2003

February 2007

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#6 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:47 PM

Fib,

THose are extreme highs on the TRIN which coincide with bottoms, i think we want the opposite.

rkd

I wanted to know if extreme low readings of this MA mean anything. This is an event that hasn't occured for at least 3 years

The other times in which the 55 day moving average of NYSE TRIN reached the 1.40 level are:

December 1987

July, August, September 2002

March, April 2003

February 2007

Fib

“be right and sit tight”

#7 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:57 PM

Those are extreme highs on the TRIN which coincide with bottoms, i think we want the opposite.

What you want, and what the market gives you the work with, can be very different at times, but should always be respected for what it might imply.

Fib

#8 BigBadBear

BigBadBear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:30 PM

lol. such resolute bearishness

Those are extreme highs on the TRIN which coincide with bottoms, i think we want the opposite.

What you want, and what the market gives you the work with, can be very different at times, but should always be respected for what it might imply.

Fib

#9 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:54 AM

rkd80, that is exactly what I was looking for, but with simple 55 MA, but I do see the picture with EMA too.

Simple MA is at .94 which hasn't happened in the past 3 years at least.

Fib, its not about what I want :) Carl has this line market as some kind of line of importance, so I'm interested to see what the history of it is, since I can't see anything going back more then 3 years.

Posted Image