• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:51 AM

http://www.safehaven...rticle-7823.htm

Basically, I think the HO is a joke, as it overpredicts so many times people are actually better off fading it.

We remain at support, likely to see a bounce here, which I am hoping will be tradeable.

Of course, given the fragmentation in the market at the current time, so keeping stops in there and dotn let losses run away if the position goes against me.

Good trading. I hope Ben will come to the rescue again, but one step at a time of course. For now all I see is that we are at some sort of support.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#2 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:04 AM

COT's even more bullish...............so who's the sucker? Thay arent always right of course I know that but its a game of averages.
Observer

#3 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:03 PM

Not so fast, there. I'm "disconfirming" it. Well, not me actually, but the guys with the books.

http://www.traders-t...?...st&p=295804

#4 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:15 PM

ACTUALLY, Ive just re read his post. The signal has in fact only triggered once not three times. He uses the words "essentially" triggered, so he's fitting the indicator to suit his result.

Just a comment.

Not so fast, there. I'm "disconfirming" it. Well, not me actually, but the guys with the books.

http://www.traders-t...?...st&p=295804

Spiel, I agreed. Our posts crossed.

All the best.
Observer

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:53 PM

I think the HO is a joke

Are we allowed to use language like that?
Don Imus should post here. :D

Sentimentrader moved a bit more bearish Friday night.
It looks a bit like the March 3rd Friday. Monday March 5th was down more but put in a bottom.
I'm thinking of buying any early in the week weakness, depending on how much etc.
Mike Burk has stats which show possible early weakness then some seasonal strength later in the week.
Re-balancing may have just been a big obnoxious cannon-ball or belly flop at the pool.

#6 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:21 PM

COT's even more bullish...............so who's the sucker? Thay arent always right of course I know that but its a game of averages.

What COT data are you looking at? Would it be the data on the CFTC site as of June 12th? As I see it the data as of June 19th didn't get published.

#7 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:10 PM

Now after looking at some other sites that appear to have 6/19 data I can't help but wonder what happened on the CFTC site. Did they publish the data and then pull it back?

#8 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:33 PM

I thought the COTs originally showed large declines in open interest for this week.

#9 wallyw

wallyw

• Traders-Talk User
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:25 PM

http://www.safehaven...rticle-7823.htm

Basically, I think the HO is a joke, as it overpredicts so many times people are actually better off fading it.

We remain at support, likely to see a bounce here, which I am hoping will be tradeable.

Of course, given the fragmentation in the market at the current time, so keeping stops in there and dotn let losses run away if the position goes against me.

Good trading. I hope Ben will come to the rescue again, but one step at a time of course. For now all I see is that we are at some sort of support.

what is a joke is this fellow's lack of knowledge of technical aspects of this indicator. the mcclellan oscillator needs to be positive which it is not. this guy has called more hindenberg omens than anyone around.

#10 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

talk about three peaks and a domed house, or whatever ..."so I go bullish" :D must be in the water COT is very bullish here so is odd-lot maybe a short-lived shake-out first but longer term the only ones getting the shaft here are the bears.

Edited by Vector, 24 June 2007 - 07:04 PM.