It's 34 o'clock on Dead Italian Time

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:06 PM

Unless it's Leap-Fib (like the red-text time periods) :D . Stockcharts doesn't like to put lines between prices, so some are a bit skewed.

Posted Image

And there's only one hourly sma between 2 and 233 that hasn't sloped negative: 91 (it'll be 92 tomorrow). If they were looking to purge the hourly sma's, any hourly close below 1490 should do it. Either it's on to the hourlies or off to the races tomorrow.

Posted Image

Edited by spielchekr, 26 June 2007 - 11:08 PM.

#2 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:15 PM

looks interesting, can you explain the charts please? not familiar with them....
“be right and sit tight”

#3 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:06 AM

looks interesting, can you explain the charts please? not familiar with them....

The 1st chart indicates that the recent group of leg durations have preferred to last for a number of bars (hours) that can be found in the fibonacci sequence.

In the second chart, the red dashed line represents the positive/negative slope boundary for the 91 sma. If price at any time is below that boundary, the 91 bar sma slope is rolled over (negative).

#4 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:53 AM

spielchekr,

Out of curiosity, is this something you have been following and able to trade? Seems to me that to use it, you have to be able to determine first what the pattern is and secondly when a down leg or up leg has actually ended.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#5 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:14 AM

spielchekr,

Out of curiosity, is this something you have been following and able to trade? Seems to me that to use it, you have to be able to determine first what the pattern is and secondly when a down leg or up leg has actually ended.

No, it's just a curious time incrementalization I stumbled into. But there are enough fib period appearances back to back to make me ponder if someone else has been controlling and/or trading it. If there's rhyme or reason to the time durations of sequence, it's beyond me as to what it is. The most I can make of it is that it suggests some possibility of directional change here (a consolidation period or reversal period).

#6 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:55 AM

The entire ewave thing is a bit beyond me. I suppose if you are comfortable working the waves, then wave cycles wouldn't but too much of a stretch.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~