cycles

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:08 AM

we have approx 4 1/2 weeks to go to reach the late july nominal 4.5 yr nest of cycle lows. as mentioned a few months back, there was a good possibilty the very strong cyclic trend larger than 4.5 yrs could keep the movement into that cycle low somewhat benign and so far that's been the case. there does remain risk that the correction could deepen. SPX cash still has a nominal 10 wk price projection to the 1470 +/- 7 pts area that if achieved could trigger a lower price projection to the low 1400's. the INDU envelope/NYSE breadth system remains on it's strongest sell signal, and Dunnigan's one way formula remains on it's recent sell/short. i remain short sep es's at an avg price of 1533.60.
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#2 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:13 AM

we have approx 4 1/2 weeks to go to reach the late july nominal 4.5 yr nest of cycle lows. as mentioned a few months back, there was a good possibilty the very strong cyclic trend larger than 4.5 yrs could keep the movement into that cycle low somewhat benign and so far that's been the case. there does remain risk that the correction could deepen. SPX cash still has a nominal 10 wk price projection to the 1470 +/- 7 pts area that if achieved could trigger a lower price projection to the low 1400's. the INDU envelope/NYSE breadth system remains on it's strongest sell signal, and Dunnigan's one way formula remains on it's recent sell/short. i remain short sep es's at an avg price of 1533.60.

Hi airedale88, thanks for the cycles update and projections. :)

Cheers, :)

Bob-C
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#3 bighouse1006

bighouse1006

• Traders-Talk User
  • 577 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:14 AM

Hi Airedale, Thanks for the update. Are there any short term cycle dates that bottom this week? Paul

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:47 AM

I don't know Airedale, all of the stuff that I have says the ST bottom is finally here. I bought the gap down and I still didn't have chance to sell ;) Now, this has to bounce well --I expect a violent move up-- and honestly, the market is not a whole lot down from last Friday when I made the initial call that I corrected over the weekend. I hoped that this price low would come by Tuesday morning, but the market sure took its time to absorb the supply. This is based on some longer cycles as well, not only the shortest cycles, there is still not a big enough price target developing to the downside yet apart from the financials... Good luck...

#5 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:50 AM

airedale Great job. Very impressed with your trading.

#6 Woody

Woody

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for the update, keep us posted!

#7 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:12 AM

airedale, You are the only cycles analyst i understand. Clear and consistent. Thanks for your updates.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#8 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:17 AM

Airedale, actually I have a question for you, this would make more sense...

Would you cover here (or take partial profits), if you'd thought that 50% of the losses from the top could be retraced over the next few sessions or you would rather add to your position and keep your core short position?

I think all of my argument comes from the trading timeframes, although I see down for the IT, I would rather trade anything over a few percent moves in either direction. I actually see more downside all summer, but it might not amount to much until early August, I think it will accelerate into Oct...

Thanks for sharing your work again...
- kisa

Edited by kisacik, 27 June 2007 - 11:25 AM.

#9 VolPivots

VolPivots

• Chartist
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:12 PM

aire,

curious to see how you have your 18month phasings? reason I ask is because of the chart below....all the vertical bars are 18month lows.....today marks the next date in the sequence. tia, mn

Posted Image

#10 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:14 PM

market, i have the march 14/07 low as the third nominal 20 wk low of the four that should comprise this current nominal 80 wk cycle. we have about 4 1/2 wks to go to complete this current 20 wk low which would mark the next low of the 40 wk, 80 wk, and current 4.5 yr cycle.
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England