What is with the options data?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:23 PM

It is very very low today. Since 9/06 only a handful of items has it been this low. Granted these readings do not always yield a huge move, but always an up move of one kind or another. The cpci:cpce is also low. If these numbers are correct (CPCI is about .90ish) is someone smart setting up for the fed?
“be right and sit tight”

#2 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:30 PM

It is very very low today. Since 9/06 only a handful of items has it been this low. Granted these readings do not always yield a huge move, but always an up move of one kind or another.

The cpci:cpce is also low.

If these numbers are correct (CPCI is about .90ish) is someone smart setting up for the fed?

short answer
these numbers will oscillate to each extreme,.. both within... and outside the trend,... so you must use

something more than each days raw number in order to make a reasonable assessment of what any one-day reading means ...going forward.

Edited by Mr Dev, 27 June 2007 - 06:31 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#3 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:32 PM

good answer, good enough for me at least. i never really pay too much attention to them unless one or the other spikes way up. way down typically doesnt mean much..

It is very very low today. Since 9/06 only a handful of items has it been this low. Granted these readings do not always yield a huge move, but always an up move of one kind or another.

The cpci:cpce is also low.

If these numbers are correct (CPCI is about .90ish) is someone smart setting up for the fed?

short answer
these numbers will oscillate to each extreme,.. both within... and outside the trend,... so you must use

something more than each days raw number in order to make a reasonable assessment of what any one-day reading means ...going forward.

“be right and sit tight”

#4 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:34 PM

After 4 consecutive Fed scorch, everybody and their granies are now scared chitless to be short into the fed. As simple as that. From index traders to 6pack. together with the fed fear, i think there isnt a single weak short left out there. just look at RUT. that index had the largest short interest and soared today.

also the sectors that are in their private bear markets util, reits... performed similarly.

Todays scorch was long due and given technically. You just had to look for the right stuff to benefit from it.

http://xtrends.blogs...-1484-1486.html

But i am afraid this is all they will get. the market is broken.

I think we printed a corrective top today.

Edited by xD&Cox, 27 June 2007 - 06:38 PM.

#5 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:38 PM

good answer, good enough for me at least. i never really pay too much attention to them unless one or
the other spikes way up. way down typically doesnt mean much..

So everyone understands...I'm not say that there isn't serious meaning in the listening to the numbers,...

but if anyone knows me,... I think that daily "extreme/raw numbers" should be viewed in context.

By that I mean they should be smoothed by something. ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:41 PM

i think there isnt a single weak short left out there. just look at RUT. that index had the largest short interest and soared today.

The NYSE short interest being at the record all time highs and still several days to cover with these record volumes, I think there is nothing short of short selling supply. If all of the shorts get squeezed, this market would go through the strat - o - sphere within days... :lol:

#7 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:57 PM

i think there isnt a single weak short left out there. just look at RUT. that index had the largest short interest and soared today.

The NYSE short interest being at the record all time highs and still several days to cover with these record volumes, I think there is nothing short of short selling supply. If all of the shorts get squeezed, this market would go through the strat - o - sphere within days... :lol:

I dont think we can say anything about public short interest from that data however I am sure today's odd lot short sale numbers will give you a better idea about what I mean above.

Edited by xD&Cox, 27 June 2007 - 08:02 PM.