NDX & RUT THOGHTS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:09 AM

Well most of my thoughts are posted at my thread below but I'll keep these upfront and coming if folks are still interested. You'll always find technical details in many of my replies to other threads... as the minds of others ...along with mine can...and do create a third. SO some of my best stuff may come in the form of a reply to a challange or ..comments on a topic I wouldn't of originally started. After closing yesterdays...100%x2 long position on the RUT I flipped 20% SHORT into the NDX ....again this morning while the market was up.....I increased that short to 50% ish. I'm not feeling really confident on this one....although I still think I will win !! ;) But if I don't...............I will understand why ! There is a lesson in itself for trading...... as traders if you lose a trade........are you completely understanding... ever? You should be....as opposed to being clueless. If you find yourself scratching your head so much you're losing your hair...... as to why your trade didn't work... you NEED a more OPEN mind to trading. Even though we are almost ALL TYPE A personalities,... believing you are right all the time in trading ......should only come with a track record . NOT just because YOU think the market should of BOUNCED TODAY if it was ever going to. Think about it. Confidence is a good thing,....but CLOSED mindedness is a Very BAD thing for a trader. THen trade well! ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 28 June 2007 - 10:13 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:28 AM

Well most of my thoughts are posted at my thread below but I'll keep these upfront and coming if

folks are still interested.

You'll always find technical details in many of my replies to other threads... as the minds of others ...along

with mine can...and do create a third. SO some of my best stuff may come in the form of a reply to a challange

or ..comments on a topic I wouldn't of originally started.

After closing yesterdays...100%x2 long position on the RUT I flipped 20% SHORT into the NDX ....again this

morning while the market was up.....I increased that short to 50% ish.

I'm not feeling really confident on this one....although I still think I will win !! ;)

But if I don't...............I will understand why !

There is a lesson in itself for trading...... as traders if you lose a trade........are you completely understanding...

ever? You should be....as opposed to being clueless.

If you find yourself scratching your head so much you're losing your hair...... as to why your trade didn't work...

you NEED a more OPEN mind to trading. Even though we are almost ALL TYPE A personalities,...

believing you are right all the time in trading ......should only come with a track record .

NOT just because YOU think the market should of BOUNCED TODAY if it was ever going to.

Think about it.

Confidence is a good thing,....but CLOSED mindedness is a Very BAD thing for a trader.

THen trade well! ;)

have you read the Black Swan?

#3 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:34 AM

No, i really don't read books anymore,.. although it's something that i have been meaning to get back to doing.

LOL the last book I read was about 8 years ago.. eek.

What is it about,... have your read it ?

Edited by Mr Dev, 28 June 2007 - 10:35 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#4 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

No, i really don't read books anymore,.. although it's something that i have been meaning to get back to doing.

LOL the last book I read was about 8 years ago.. eek.

What is it about,... have your read it ?

Hi Mr Dev, see the following on "Black Swan" theory: ---> http://en.wikipedia....ack_swan_theory

Have a nice day and great trading! :)

Bob-C
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

Mr. Dev, Enjoying your posts a great deal. Only recently started reading them. If you lose on this short and I suspect you will (unless the Fed saves you), I think you'll find the understanding in your post on the NYSE McClellan Oscillator. Shorting against the McClellan coming off oversold and rising is not healthy to bank account I believe. Good luck anyway, and thanks for all your good work. "The point is to learn something every time you lose" -- John McEnroe.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#6 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:51 PM

I used to love playing tennis with John.!

(unless the Fed saves you)

lol...is that how you would asses a win if I do land it. Hmmm interesting.

Shorting against the McClellan coming off oversold and rising

Well young gun thank you for the kind words,...it certainly doesn't mean that the market can't open lower two days after I post the

chart ...or close lower than my entry on a position on a short.

Good try but trust me ....I'm more fully aware of my own work,,....while I trade then you are.

Thanks for the positive vibes tho....I'll take them if it means another back to back winning trade ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 28 June 2007 - 01:55 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev