Next Week

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Scott-stock

Scott-stock

• Traders-Talk User
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:20 PM

Does anyone know how the market reacts around the July 4th Holiday? Usually bullish at the end and the first of the month? Thanks

#2 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:59 PM

After ANY holiday is usually positive.. some kinda US MARKET phenomenon,..or gift. But first tomorrow we have the end of the quarter... so do they come out selling some dogs in the morning and shore up the rest of them by late afternoon,,,is the question I'm asking. And if so ,,...do they aggressively protect gains starting July 2 Monday by selling? It's very hard for me to trade thinking this way...but sometimes good to keep way way back in our minds,...just like the fullmoon stuff,...as we watch the charts do their thing.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#3 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:06 PM

Dev, Just to clarify, last day of EOQ has a pattern where they sell off in the morning and then reverse? Are not the few days before any holiday typically postive too? -rkd
“be right and sit tight”

#4 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:12 PM

Dev,

Just to clarify, last day of EOQ has a pattern where they sell off in the morning and then reverse? Are not the few days before any holiday typically postive too?

-rkd

I have no idea........... just what I'm already expecting based on what I see so far....

I may change my eod feelings in the morning,.... but I really don't like to do that on the fly over

early price action..

As far as days before a holiday...I'm throwing that one out...and just keeping the day after in my book.

But there is the first days of the month positivity,... that many have done well playing.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#5 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:25 PM

btw,..If we simply Shoot Up tomorrow at the open,...than all the short term reversal charts are solidly in play, and could likely change the daily trend.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#6 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

After making virtually nothing on the hold from the first part of May(provided they held through the two months) while risk levels obviously increased-I wonder how they justify the hold. I also wonder, after that time frames returns-how much they want on their books-at all.

#7 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:00 PM

Way too much time on my hands:

Posted Image

#8 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:28 PM

FWIW, In 2003 and 1999 we were in the 3rd year of the presidential cycle like we are this year. :redbull: :redbull: :redbull: