WoW Liquidity Pooring IN

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:32 AM

Gonna be hard to fight that stuff....as its pushed the markets higher for the last couple of years... This week is big,... maybe they want to push it up for a FEEL GOOD HOLIDAY WEEK next. It is getting ridiculous...if you ask me ...I'll reserve the rest of my thoughts for later..

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:49 AM

i agree, the money supply is crazy. thanks ben for that. i noticed however it hasnt yet spilled over into the gold arena and would have expected it to show up there at least.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

i noticed however it hasnt yet spilled over into the gold arena and would have expected it to show up there at least.

Excess liquidity only finds a home with gold when all of the other asset classes are perceived "fully valued" and need somewhere else to park while it waits for additional clarity.

And as far as Ben is concerned, he and his colleagues haven't had much to do with the equity price action for over a year now....we're just snowballing.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:34 AM

I agree Fib, the last time the Fed and the treasury injected aggressively any money was last fall though. It is just enough to look at the chart of the USD, pretty much. They did help collaterize the sub-prime problems this spring, even though they did not directly inject any money into the money supply, I think there has been some longer term aggreements out of the SOMA to manage the debt crisis. SOMA did not shrink... I firmly believe that the debt crisis is still growing in United States. The builders retreated earlier as the growth component and now the REITs are retreating as the value component. The biggest and probably most important hard asset in United States, REITs, is not a basis for collateral anymore. This must be a genuine monatery correction in the bond market and it did not effect the entire business environment yet. There are still companies out there who can yield more money than the relatively high interest rates. The gov't can not help to collaterize all of these debt problems into the future, so it is either a recession or it will push the long term rates much higher eventually... What do you think? - kisa

#5 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

No kidding, the Fed added almost $100 Billion in the last 4 days! However this money is "loans" to be repaid. Loans are wonderful when business can make more profits than the interest on loans. It allows them to make money they could'nt have made without available liquidity. But it is a double edged sword, in that if economy has a hiccup, the loss of profit + interest can kill you.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#6 btrade

btrade

• Traders-Talk User
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:28 PM

No kidding, the Fed added almost $100 Billion in the last 4 days!
However this money is "loans" to be repaid. Loans are wonderful
when business can make more profits than the interest on loans.
It allows them to make money they could'nt have made without
available liquidity.

But it is a double edged sword, in that if economy has a hiccup,
the loss of profit + interest can kill you.

Where do you get that informtion?

#7 SandStorm

SandStorm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 457 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:27 PM

LOL. What liquidity? There was a net drain of $500 mil today. 3.75b matured from Fed's portfolio against 3.25b repo. And you got more maturing coming next Monday and Tuesday.

Edited by SandStorm, 29 June 2007 - 04:33 PM.

#8 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

Where do you get that informtion?

From the Bull & Bear website, under "Fed Money Pump"

Good trading!
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#9 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

More moisturizer please.

http://www.ny.frb.or...ing1YEARBIG.png

Posted Image