I phone and the wireless world.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:57 AM

I honestly believe that apple doesn't neccessarily create trends but rather gives what people what they want even though they may not even know it is what they want until apple creates it. The wireless internet has been hyped as the next great thing for years but once again it takes apple to put it into a form that get everyone beating the same drum at the same time. So, this is most likely it, time to get on the wireless band wagon. Wireless networks will consolidate, finally, infrastrucure will be built, it will all seem so obvious in hindsite. It started with that little iphone.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#2 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:43 PM

We worked on a guys blackberry the other day. He has sent 3,000 messages since he got it. Can you imagine? I can't.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#3 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:20 PM

The iphone is good for rimm. Wireless network suppliers and other networks too, those networks will be consolidated into just a few to improve coverage and meet demand. At&t will buy them up. That is my call. What is your pick in the wireless network supplier space, looking at sons, any others?
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#4 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:17 PM

OPWV is supposed to be a big player in text message area, but it has been down and it seems that it has a lot of trouble.

#5 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:39 PM

there is a company out there that John Mauldin is connected with that looks like it is going to make wireless ubiquitous and do it in a cheap way. They use basketball sized pods to transmit the signal and they are inexpensively attached to power poles and the like..... very economical. Part of the services will be free and then you get more if you pay more.. p.s. what are all these radio signals going to do to our brains?

#6 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:11 AM

what does a monthly sub cost for an iphone?