• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guru Dudette

Guru Dudette

Prince of Dorkness

• Admin
  • 835 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:37 AM

I've been getting hundreds of them, so they must be working on lots of victims before the word gets out.
You can embed viral files in a PDF, or put links in a PDF that take you to spyware sites.

Just like any other attachment you get in your email
DO NOT OPEN ATTACHMENTS IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE SENDER. PERIOD.

I did a quick search and found this CNET article about it online.
Just a heads up to be careful.

And Happy Independence Day to everyone. :D

CNET Article on PDF virus

Oh, and by the way... the other one to be on the lookout for is the "You've got an e-card from a ________"
(fill in the blank with neighbor, mate, family member, dolphin, harmless land shark, etc.)

It doesn't matter who it says it's from. Without a specific name, don't open it.
"I'd rather be vaguely right than precisely wrong." J.M.Keynes

#2 Woody

Woody

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:10 AM

Perhaps unrelated but so far on a random basis, when I clic on a post, sometimes an ad comes up from the Province of Ontario concerning Hepatitus C?? its really weird........have erased all cookies, cleaned out temp folders, and run NAV.......doesnt happen on any other site so far??? CW btw Happy 4th to all!

#3 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:28 AM

Perhaps unrelated but so far on a random basis, when I clic on a post, sometimes an ad comes up from the Province of Ontario concerning Hepatitus C?? its really weird........have erased all cookies, cleaned out temp folders, and run NAV.......doesnt happen on any other site so far???

CW

btw Happy 4th to all!

Where are you geographically?
Could be a targeted ad to your IP address' region.

#4 Woody

Woody

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:11 AM

Perhaps unrelated but so far on a random basis, when I clic on a post, sometimes an ad comes up from the Province of Ontario concerning Hepatitus C?? its really weird........have erased all cookies, cleaned out temp folders, and run NAV.......doesnt happen on any other site so far???

CW

btw Happy 4th to all!

Where are you geographically?
Could be a targeted ad to your IP address' region.

Oakville, Ontario (abt 20 miles West of Toronto)

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:31 AM

CW

btw Happy 4th to all!

The more you clear those cookies, the more you'll get that ad, I suspect. They'll show you a targetted ad once a day, maybe twice depending upon our and their settings. They know not to show you it again because of a cookie. If you delete, they think you're somebody new (from Canada?).

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter