I have a gap-down signature

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:55 PM

on my system. But i don't trust it :angry: Every employment friday over the last year has been a gap-up. I don't see any reason why it should be different this time. Either way, i am flat and don't care. They say daytrading is stressful. Boy, sitting on those swing positions on ES/YM for last 5 weeks while the indices have gone nowhere must be more stressful. Again, to each his own style. To me it's less stress and more profitable daytrading with 200-300% leverage with tight stops, rather than swing trading with 50-100% leverage with wide stops and waiting for big ones. I don't need no stinking home runs, cuz the black swan never shows up... :D I am back into my daytrading cocoon. Good luck everyone.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:15 PM

Where will that gap down volume come from while everyone is looking to burn that cash in their hands? I think of the sellers, not buyers anymore....

#3 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:39 AM

You know what to do with that potential gap down: BUY IT. Denleo

#4 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:15 AM

on my system. But i don't trust it :angry:

Every employment friday over the last year has been a gap-up. I don't see any reason why it should be different this time. Either way, i am flat and don't care.

They say daytrading is stressful. Boy, sitting on those swing positions on ES/YM for last 5 weeks while the indices have gone nowhere must be more stressful. Again, to each his own style. To me it's less stress and more profitable daytrading with 200-300% leverage with tight stops, rather than swing trading with 50-100% leverage with wide stops and waiting for big ones. I don't need no stinking home runs, cuz the black swan never shows up... :D

I am back into my daytrading cocoon. Good luck everyone.

Couldn't agree with you more...flat and waiting...with futures, as I've said before...it's so easy and fast to get short or long with leverage.

The bull and bear of it:

Market Gods will speak soon..

For the end of the 5th up I have a target of 1561.50 SPX with a blow off target of 1591.
Target on oex if ABC is on chart.

Any daily close now back under the 200sma on the hourly spx is going to make me an ABC fan unless the count cleans up on a shorter time frame. It's pretty messy after the very first wave up after the bottom on Friday of last week.
That 200 has certainly been playing a roll lately.
Bull count: spx
Bear count: oex

Posted Image
Click Here to see Full Sized Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:11 AM

Well there's my 7 on the nongap..7 grand..3 pts short 36 to 33, 2 pts long from 33 to 35 and 2pts long from 33.50 out at 35.50. IB sending a limo. lol Flat with no stress.

Edited by Teaparty, 06 July 2007 - 08:12 AM.

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:19 AM

Well there's my 7 on the nongap..7 grand..3 pts short 36 to 33, 2 pts long from 33 to 35 and 2pts long from 33.50 out at 35.50. IB sending a limo. lol Flat with no stress.

TP,

Good trading. Just curious, are you scalping this off of 1-min charts or Tick charts ?

Edited by NAV, 06 July 2007 - 08:24 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#7 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:01 AM

5 min 2500V ES chart..