#1 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:56 AM

http://www.nytimes.c...amp;oref=slogin

July 6, 2007
Fed Names Rates Adviser
By BLOOMBERG NEWSThe Federal Reserve Board named Brian F. Madigan yesterday as a top adviser on interest rates to its chairman, Ben S. Bernanke.

Mr. Madigan, 53, will take over as director of the division of monetary affairs on July 23. Vincent Reinhart, the current director, will become an adviser to the board before he leaves the central bank later this year to go to the American Enterprise Institute, the Fed said.

Leading monetary affairs is known among economists as one of the most grueling jobs at the Fed. Responsibilities span daily financial market surveillance in liaison with the Fed's New York district bank to producing every six weeks the blue book, which outlines interest-rate policy options for the Federal Open Market Committee policy makers.

The open market committee has kept its benchmark interest rate at 5.25 percent for 12 months, with inflation slowing and growth quickening as policy makers predicted.

Mr. Madigan has been the deputy director of the monetary affairs division since 2001.

Mr. Reinhart, 49, announced his plans to join the American Enterprise Institute in January.

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:52 AM

They replaced one clueless corrupt government official with another. That is my understanding. But I'm too stupid to read between the lines. What is your understanding of this ?

Edited by ogm, 06 July 2007 - 07:54 AM.

#3 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 08:24 AM

They replaced one clueless corrupt government official with another. That is my understanding. But I'm too stupid to read between the lines.

What is your understanding of this ?

The key piece of info in this article is where the outgoing guy is going. That says more than anything else. Once you understand that you understand that FED interest rate policy is directly connected to ........

#4 danzman

danzman

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 908 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:11 PM

Sigh....and this makes money how? Too much garbage to look at with the net. Information over-load. There's lots of ways to pull money out of the market, but searching for clues like this is not a very repeatable one. I suggest spending more time at money flows (COT or whatever else you might find). Still long since June, 2006...SPY options +404%... D
I don't make predictions, I just react.