Zeitgeist - The Movie

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:57 PM

It's important to understand the context in which we are living as it directly impacts our sanity, health and financial well-being. I just watched this film and feel it is so important to share. You may agree or disagree with all or part of it, but its absolutely critical that we all at least be aware of the questions to ask and to use our own reasoning and ability to research facts to draw our own conclusions. I've drawn mine.

I've copied the below comments from the person who posted the trailer. on google video.

If you wish to skip Part I, which deals with religion, you may do so by skipping to minute 35:50. You can always go back and watch it later if you wish.

---------------------------------------
This is simply the most amazing documentary you'll ever see in your life. So extremely powerful and eye opening. What do Christianity, 9/11 and The Federal Reserve have in common? Well, go to the following URL, then sit back and relax with your favorite beverage, and allow your mind to be awoken from its slumber.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Right now, consciously and subconsciously, increasingly vast numbers of people are instinctively feeling that something's not right in this world. They might not be able to articulate in detail what it is. They just have that faint but nagging feeling that something's not right about what's going on in the world. And the spark that will set that afire is the INFORMATION to explain what IS going on. And when people have access to that INFORMATION -- suddenly, what seemed to be a bewildering, complex, "what's-going-on?" kind of world, becomes perfectly understandable. To understand what is happening, you have to understand what those in power are trying to achieve. If you don't know that, then you have a co-ordinate missing that is fundamental to understanding. If you suffer from terminal naivete and believe that governments are there to somehow serve the people and do what's right for the country, then you'll look around at what's happening in the world and say things like: "this government is just stupid, they're incompetent, what they're doing is crazy". But when you realise that the goal is NOT to serve the people or the country, it is to serve a continuing agenda for global centralization of power and control, then you realise that what's happening in the world is actually GENIUS and not stupidity - because the outcome is exactly what it's meant to achieve.
"A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
http://www.trueworldhistory.info/

#2 Guest_Dewey_*

Guest_Dewey_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:29 AM

Is this the movie?

American Zeitgeist is a feature length documentary by filmmaker Rob McGann that offers an historical look at the War on Terrorism from 1979 through 2006. The narrative of American Zeitgeist is woven out of more than 40 in-depth interviews with leading experts on terrorism, U.S. foreign policy, Islam and Middle Eastern studies. Written by Rob McGann

Dewey

#3 HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:46 PM

Is this the movie?

American Zeitgeist is a feature length documentary by filmmaker Rob McGann that offers an historical look at the War on Terrorism from 1979 through 2006. The narrative of American Zeitgeist is woven out of more than 40 in-depth interviews with leading experts on terrorism, U.S. foreign policy, Islam and Middle Eastern studies. Written by Rob McGann

Dewey

Nice avatar. ;) B)

Actually that's not it. It's only available via the internet. Go to the link http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

If you (or anyone) would like to discuss it "off the board", feel free to PM me.

Edited by HiFiGuy, 10 July 2007 - 01:47 PM.

"A state of war only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

#4 Guest_Dewey_*

Guest_Dewey_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:14 PM

I've got it now, thanks. I just plain missed the link in your first post. I'm going to try to watch it tonight.

#5 HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:38 AM

Cross post from Health/Sanity board, for those who don't get over there.

Link

Highly recommended.

#6 brasilstocks

brasilstocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

thank you for posting that. Great find, I am watching it for the second time now

#7 HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:20 PM

thank you for posting that. Great find, I am watching it for the second time now

Thanks, glad to hear you're checking it out. IMO, it needs to be distributed widely through whatever means possible and watched by ALL. Check out the links in my signature as well.

Edited by HiFiGuy, 21 July 2007 - 09:20 PM.

#8 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 02:46 PM

Gee, even an appearance from John Lennon. “The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#9 mbradley

mbradley

• Traders-Talk User
  • 204 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:49 PM

This movie will one day be taught as classical conspiracy theory thinking: The usual taking of concepts out of context, the tie-in of divergeant and totally unrelated phenomenon, the partial facts that are stand alone truths but are not related to the subject at hand, the created emotion that one is being let in on a secret, the displaying of honest mistakes made by decent humans in real time as criminal enterprises, and the quick topic change to make it all seem connected. As a wise man once wrote; Goodbye to all that.

Edited by mbradley, 22 July 2007 - 09:51 PM.

#10 HiFiGuy

HiFiGuy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:26 PM

This movie will one day be taught as classical conspiracy theory thinking: The usual taking of concepts out of context, the tie-in of divergeant and totally unrelated phenomenon, the partial facts that are stand alone truths but are not related to the subject at hand, the created emotion that one is being let in on a secret, the displaying of honest mistakes made by decent humans in real time as criminal enterprises, and the quick topic change to make it all seem connected.

As a wise man once wrote; Goodbye to all that.

mbradley, like I said, you may agree or disagree with all or part of it. Each needs to draw his/her own conclusions. I thank you for watching and encourage you to do some fact checking if there are things you dispute.

IMO, history will judge this film very differently.