I have been a dollar bull but,

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

The Fed better start raising rates to support the dollar or its down the toilet. Of course we are all dollar bulls as we all have our assests and cash in dollars.

#2 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:09 PM

The Fed better start raising rates to support the dollar or its down the toilet.

Of course we are all dollar bulls as we all have our assests and cash in dollars.

I am no longer a believer in the Fed being able to contol interest rates and/or the economy. Everyone is a dollar bull? Some of my assets are in gold and silver. But...........I do read every post of yours (love your icon :D ) and think we could see a stock market correction of up to 10%, perhaps more. IMO there is just so much money sloshing around the globe looking for a home (China, for example, has hundreds of billions of our dollars) and much of that money will make it into the stock market as well as commodities.
Best to you
Peace
johngeorge

#3 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:32 PM

The Fed better start raising rates to support the dollar or its down the toilet.

Of course we are all dollar bulls as we all have our assests and cash in dollars.

I am no longer a believer in the Fed being able to contol interest rates and/or the economy. Everyone is a dollar bull? Some of my assets are in gold and silver. But...........I do read every post of yours (love your icon :D ) and think we could see a stock market correction of up to 10%, perhaps more. IMO there is just so much money sloshing around the globe looking for a home (China, for example, has hundreds of billions of our dollars) and much of that money will make it into the stock market as well as commodities.
Best to you

Thank you.

The everyone is a dollar bull was tongue in cheek but for most Americans the fact of their money losing value on a global absolute basis has not sunk in as being important - ie effecting their well being. Inflation in the US is a result in part by the dollar losing its value.

As far as markets I think and stand by the generational top thesis. I picked May 10, but looks like as far as the Dow Jones June 4 was the day. We will see more than 10%. way more.

The bear market has started. And housing will be pegged as the culprit in the fullness of time.

#4 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:06 PM

Z - good to see a confident bear. Not too many left. Raising rates would be great idea. Boost the dollar, tame inflation. Maybe ring out some excess liquidity.
OTIS.