• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:17 PM

Three days ago (July 10th), I posted the set-up for CSUN, one of many recent IPOs in the hot-hot-hot solar energy sector.

Here's the daily chart:

http://stockcharts.c...?...P&listNum=1

Presently, CSUN is nearing my first target of 12.95, where I plan to take 1/3 profits.

If it keeps heading straight up, next upside target should be mid-14's.

I think CSUN gets back to the 17-18 range before year-end.

Meanwhile, TSL hit another all-time high today. :o

:lol:

Edited by beta, 13 July 2007 - 01:18 PM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:21 PM

take a look at YGE, another recent solar IPO. I like their business model, and they are building out some solid capacity. And they are pretty profitable too. I'm long since 14s, the way TSL is acting, and LDK, it has a lot of room to run.

Edited by ogm, 13 July 2007 - 01:22 PM.

#3 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:27 PM

take a look at YGE, I like their business model, and they are building out some solid capacity. And they are pretty profitable too.

Yes, YGE is definitely on my radar. Underwritten by GS as a bonus, which likely makes them golden.

My only problem with YGE here is the chart. I sold mine earlier this week in the 16's to buy CSUN instead. Think YGE may get back to the 10-12 range (based on the chart). While I agree the fundamentals look great, Ive learned to go with the charts. ;)

Glad to see you're in TSL, that is this year's stealth TASR IMO. :rolleyes:

Edited by beta, 13 July 2007 - 01:28 PM.

#4 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:29 PM

take a look at YGE, I like their business model, and they are building out some solid capacity. And they are pretty profitable too.

Yes, YGE is definitely on my radar. Underwritten by GS as a bonus, which likely makes them golden.

My only problem with YGE here is the chart. I sold mine earlier this week in the 16's to buy CSUN instead. Think YGE may get back to the 10-12 range (based on the chart). While I agree the fundamentals look great, Ive learned to go with the charts. ;)

Glad to see you're in TSL, that is this year's stealth TASR IMO. :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with YGE's chart ? it just hit all time high at 20+ 2 days ago, and now pulling back a little to 55 EM on 60 min charts. I don't see anything dangerous there yet, but I may be wrong. Daily still has closes above 8 EMA.

But of course if the whole market decides to pull back, the 34 EMA on daily chart is pretty darn far.

Edited by ogm, 13 July 2007 - 01:31 PM.

#5 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:36 PM

Ummm ... i just dont like it. Difficult to explain since I know we use different trading methodologies, but agree that IF you're just using price indicators, the chart may look attractive here. Also, I dont like overbot dailies. I would bet that at minimum, YGE retests the 15-16 range. Meanwhile, CSUN hit my 12.95 target and Im out 1/3 longs. Will reload in the low 12's.

Edited by beta, 13 July 2007 - 01:37 PM.