Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

lol i covered my nqs at 47 and went back long at 49

#3 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:16 PM

Here's something about today beside the overbought state of the markets and the internal deterioration; the rates went lower and USD did not.

#4 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:39 PM

a rising dollar has been bad for indexes so maybe we go down

but rates are often smart, so maybe inflation data tomorrow will be as expected

i see no sell off without high core inflation data and both tuesday and wednesday core figure needs to be high, that would push up rates and help the oversold dollar

does the fed care about the dollar, then they should include some actual prices in the core figure

Here's something about today beside the overbought state of the markets and the internal deterioration; the rates went lower and USD did not.

#5 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:40 PM

kisa, Today's close will determine if i want to stay long or flip short. My hourly is still on a buy, but now getting close to a sell.

Edited by NAV, 16 July 2007 - 02:40 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#6 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:46 PM

It didn't last until the close, tomorrow's opening will be very critical, a large gap down would not be welcome. Personally, I would let the indices drop a bit more and get a bit oversold in the intraday timeframes, there is too much froth in the equity options, it makes it usually very hard for the indices to move up...

#7 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

i would not play this one before the close - this move shall be big - down to 1.505 or up to 1.590 by wednesday

It didn't last until the close, tomorrow's opening will be very critical, a large gap down would not be welcome. Personally, I would let the indices drop a bit more and get a bit oversold in the intraday timeframes, there is too much froth in the equity options, it makes it usually very hard for the indices to move up...

#8 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:44 PM

Yikes ! I hate this kind of a close. It could easily gap-up or gap-down here. Very tough call. A gap-up is the only thing that can save the bulls here in the VST. I remain long on my ES with close stops - not a good decision, if it gaps-down huge. But i gotta trust my system, which is still on a buy, but very close to a sell.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#9 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:54 PM

exactly today's action gave us little info about tomorrow agree that the bulls need a gap, but the bears could sure use one too nonetheless there will be a gap tomorrow maybe gap up and then to 1.560 or gap down and then to the buy area around 1.530 Yikes ! I hate this kind of a close. It could easily gap-up or gap-down here. Very tough call. A gap-up is the only thing that can save the bulls here in the VST. I remain long on my ES with close stops - not a good decision, if it gaps-down huge. But i gotta trust my system, which is still on a buy, but very close to a sell. [/quote]

#10 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:03 PM

How about a 10 points gap down that will shake the bulls and a good rally back to the highs?!?