I have been receiving lots of pump and dump in mail

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:30 PM

It is coming to my mail, not email... and it is more than what I have seen in 2000. Not only penny stocks... not only IPOs... not only tech.. not only otcbb but stocks that have been around and have decent volume... some of the arguments they give in the papers are beyond ridiciluous. you do not have to be a trader or investor to be insulted. I am going to scan one of them

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:58 PM

It is coming to my mail, not email... and it is more than what I have seen in 2000.

Not only penny stocks... not only IPOs... not only tech.. not only otcbb but stocks that have been around and have decent volume... some of the arguments they give in the papers are beyond ridiciluous. you do not have to be a trader or investor to be insulted.

I am going to scan one of them

I've been getting them, too, though mine were for small companies. Hard to believe it works.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:14 PM

Apparently it's all GOLD GOLD GOLD GOLD around here.

#4 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

Here's one with the name covered up.
It would be a good pitch if a few things weren't in it:

1. The CEO's name is Mr. Naughty (not kidding)
2. Hasn't made a dime in revenues.
3. big push : trying to piggy back on the success of a major competitor nearby whose stock went from $3 to $10 in 2 years
4. Need to make an appointment to trade
5. Rating: STRONG BUY RUN!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• delete_this2.gif

#5 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

Loll. I got a few from that stocktrend. and I do remember Mr Naughty as well... :lol:

#6 redlocks11

redlocks11

• Traders-Talk User
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:00 PM

It is coming to my mail, not email... and it is more than what I have seen in 2000.

Not only penny stocks... not only IPOs... not only tech.. not only otcbb but stocks that have been around and have decent volume... some of the arguments they give in the papers are beyond ridiciluous. you do not have to be a trader or investor to be insulted.

I've been getting them, too, though mine were for small companies. Hard to believe it works.

Mark

Same here re: snail mail for small companies. Mainly for oil/gas and gold. The talking points seem to be they all have properties (currently non-producing) that are NEXT to properties of companies whose stock has hit it big.

These always seem to come at the top of the market, never at the bottom. Kind of like the "Newsweek indicator" where, once you see a bull on the cover, you should immediately start selling?

Redlocks11

#7 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:29 PM

Hi XDxcoxX,

I am also getting penny stock newsletters as well as stocks below $10.

btw, what is your opinion on $USD? Do you think that it will crash and burn below 79?

Hope you are well!! :)

Edited by Trend-Signals, 16 July 2007 - 08:29 PM.

Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com

#8 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:50 PM

At the end of a major stock market move higher the pigs fly. Happened in 2000, set-up is in place now. OTC:BB's will wail before the lights go out. That's what all these hype e-mails and newsletters are about. To set the stage for a big payday. It's coming.

U.F.O.

Posted Image
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#9 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:21 AM

Hi TS,
I think USD is headed to 78 or so over the long term, that could be an important long term low imo.

Hi XDxcoxX,

btw, what is your opinion on $USD? Do you think that it will crash and burn below 79?

#10 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:46 PM

Hi TS,
I think USD is headed to 78 or so over the long term, that could be an important long term low imo.

Hi XDxcoxX,

Hi xDxxCox

A false break to 78 sounds like the similar pattern which we saw during May 1992.

Will see. Thanks

Good luck with your trades
Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com