ABX

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

When will the cracks in the RMBS arena matter to Wall Street, and not only matter, but cause trouble for the market as a whole? I don't know but index is falling off a cliff and it probably means some large player is liquidating. Be warned. Debt is the rotten quarter of this magnificent market. Islander.

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:03 AM

When will the cracks in the RMBS arena matter to Wall Street, and not only matter, but cause trouble for the market as a whole? I don't know but index is falling off a cliff and it probably means some large player is liquidating. Be warned. Debt is the rotten quarter of this magnificent market. Islander.

They matter. Look at brokerage stocks, and insiders bailing out in droves. But everyone is too distracted with DOW 14k to pay attention.
Notice how "low P/E" MER is dumping after a gap on on very good earnings report. To me that means that going forward, its not looking that good.

Look at LEH, the biggest fixed income dealer. Comparing to S&P. No rally there. Barely struggling at the lows, despite the euphoria everywhere else.

Edited by ogm, 17 July 2007 - 10:12 AM.

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:50 AM

Notice how "low P/E" MER is dumping after a gap on on very good earnings report. To me that means that going forward, its not looking that good.

"Beware the low multiplier of high earnings, my boy!"

Roy (I think) Loeb of Loeb Rhoades to my father in 1962

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter