FF for this week and next

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:17 AM

Looking at the price structure and especially the VIX, which is full of fear, and position polls, I'll make the following forecast: Qs will appear to fill the gap at 48.8, then turn around and fill the gap being formed tonight at Qs 50.23. Why? Because price of puts are selling for a premium, and da boyz want to cash in on that extra fear by selling some puts that'll expire in a few days. Then before close friday, they'll ramp the sucker up and it'll be worthless. The VIX is the real clue here.. its near previous bottom levels, and I imagine a bit of swoon will activate my VIX buy system that I posted earlier. So wednesday/thursday down, friday up big.. and I mean BIG. IT wise, the sucker is so overbought, there must be a decent sized correction once rest of the shorts are squeezed out with this coming bear trap.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#2 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:50 AM

Looking at the price structure and especially the VIX, which is full of fear, and position polls, I'll make the following forecast:

Qs will appear to fill the gap at 48.8, then turn around and fill the gap being formed tonight at Qs 50.23.

Why? Because price of puts are selling for a premium, and da boyz want to cash in on that extra fear by selling some puts that'll expire in a few days. Then before close friday, they'll ramp the sucker up and it'll be worthless.

The VIX is the real clue here.. its near previous bottom levels, and I imagine a bit of swoon will activate my VIX buy system that I posted earlier.

So wednesday/thursday down, friday up big.. and I mean BIG.

IT wise, the sucker is so overbought, there must be a decent sized correction once rest of the shorts are squeezed out with this coming bear trap.

Thanks, have not seen your post in a awhile, you doing ok?
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#3 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

Looking at the price structure and especially the VIX, which is full of fear, and position polls, I'll make the following forecast:

Qs will appear to fill the gap at 48.8, then turn around and fill the gap being formed tonight at Qs 50.23.

Why? Because price of puts are selling for a premium, and da boyz want to cash in on that extra fear by selling some puts that'll expire in a few days. Then before close friday, they'll ramp the sucker up and it'll be worthless.

The VIX is the real clue here.. its near previous bottom levels, and I imagine a bit of swoon will activate my VIX buy system that I posted earlier.

So wednesday/thursday down, friday up big.. and I mean BIG.

IT wise, the sucker is so overbought, there must be a decent sized correction once rest of the shorts are squeezed out with this coming bear trap.

Thanks, have not seen your post in a awhile, you doing ok?

Yes doing fine :)

Don't plan to participate much, just testing some waters.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?