After 18 Months....It's Game Time

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:53 PM

I'm talking the XAU and I'm talking the weekly time frame. The charts and volume look great. ABX is my poster child for the sector and love the stock--I'm very long. I'll be looking to add more on a retrace on the daily chart. The length of time of the XAU consolidation bodes very well for a very nice move that should last a few months, at least. I'm not 'all in' yet. I'll be buying up mid caps and small caps in the sector the outperform on a daily pullback in the XAU (.c means trades in either Vancouver or Toronto):

SA (a MUST OWN in the sector)
ABX (see above)
AQI.c
NAK
AEM
SSRI
PAAS
DMM.c
HRG.c
ANO.c
RBY

http://stockcharts.c...29392&r=820.png

http://stockcharts.c...89853&r=720.png

#2 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:14 PM

Tim, nice, timely post I think. Conngratulations on the good portfolio and great picks. I got shaken out of SA in Oct. 2005 on the fast decline to around 4. With hindsight it's just one weekly candle, and a white one at that. :blush: I think I'm going to pay somebody to kick my butt for that one. Doug

#3 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:11 PM

Doug...thanks. The verdict isn't in yet, though. FWIW the XAU reminds me of the industrial metals group a couple months ago. When major groups break out of this type of consolidation there is a high probability of a real nice run. The list in my first post is what I'm focussing on though I track many others. I don't own much uranium anymore but I expect to buy there again someday....watching the weekly charts. I also have a large QUA.to holding along with FCX and a couple other industrial metals. ABX, SA and QUA.to are the biggest holdings in my portfolio. I've been trading semis, too, as I posted several days ago. I had a so-so June but July is much better so far.