Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

Now the stops are also cleared, I love being cynical... :lol:

#12 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:34 PM

Now the stops are also cleared, I love being cynical... :lol:

I sense the hand of PPT in that transformer explosion :)

#13 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:38 PM

18:12 BUILDING COLLAPSES NEAR EXPLOSION IN MIDTOWN MANHATTAN, WITNESS SAYS - Reuters

18:09 Explosion reported in midtown Manhattan, crowds running from scene, according to Reuters reporter - Reuters

Hmm. have to cover on this kind of news.

See ogm, you just proved that market is not scared of anything. We are to buy on terroristic attack, we are to buy market to boost consumer sentiment, we are to buy market on hinderburg omen, we are to buy on EW bearish A-B-C, etc... just buy, buy, buy we are doomed to buy :D

Edited by Trend-Signals, 18 July 2007 - 05:40 PM.

Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com

#14 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:43 PM

18:12 BUILDING COLLAPSES NEAR EXPLOSION IN MIDTOWN MANHATTAN, WITNESS SAYS - Reuters

18:09 Explosion reported in midtown Manhattan, crowds running from scene, according to Reuters reporter - Reuters

Hmm. have to cover on this kind of news.

See ogm, you just proved that market is not scared of anything. We are to buy on terroristic attack, we are to buy market to boost consumer sentiment, we are to buy market on hinderburg omen, we are to buy on EW bearish A-B-C, etc... just buy, buy, buy we are doomed to buy :D

Well, to buy on terrorist attacks its almost the law :)

Everyone is trained to buy the dips..... for now.

I almost forgot what a real downtrend looks like.

#15 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:00 PM

Well, to buy on terrorist attacks its almost the law :)

Everyone is trained to buy the dips..... for now.

MSFT & QCOM did heavy lifting going into close.

Majority of stocks are now trending down except a few % parabolic momo stocks.

For momo stocks such as AAPL, GOOG, RIMM, etc... just matter of who will be the last fools at the end on trends.

Small investors will not jump in at this level even though market is waiting for them.

Just big games among hedge funds.
Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com

#16 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:01 PM

If I am interpreting this right, you will not have to wait too long...

Posted Image

#17 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:09 PM

If I am interpreting this right, you will not have to wait too long...

I heard a blurb on CNBC today that this disconnect between rising spreads and rallying stock market is almost the first time in history.

But the fact is, credit spreads are widening while everyone is still chasing the next hot buy out momo thingy.

Another thing... Oil keeps going up, and supporting this market big time. At the same time gasoline is weakening. And everyone explains oil rally by lack of refinery capacity. Something doesn't add up. I think time to short oil is close.

And when oil starts selling the market will too.

Companies like COP keep anouncing buybacks, instead of investing into exlploration, refning or whatever. Does it mean they are being cautious here and just milking the stock rally trend ? Big insider sells in some drilling equipment makers too.

Edited by ogm, 18 July 2007 - 06:12 PM.

#18 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

But the fact is, credit spreads are widening while everyone is still chasing the next hot buy out momo thingy.

Now they are going to rally without the stocks, the volume and money... :lol:

And everyone explains oil rally by lack of refinery capacity.

Shouldn't this actually propel the gasoline prices higher faster than the crude?!? I guess I didn't understand your comment...

#19 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:31 PM

Now they are going to rally without the stocks, the volume and money... :lol:

And everyone explains oil rally by lack of refinery capacity.

Shouldn't this actually propel the gasoline prices higher faster than the crude?!? I guess I didn't understand your comment...

I don't understand it myself :) If there is a lack of refineries, gasoline should be rising not oil. And Media explains rise in oil by lack of refinery capacity :)

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Oil is just another speculative bubble, that is feeding the US wealth into Arab countries, Russia ... etc. But I think demand for oil will gradualy decrease with introduction of more efficient fuels and vehicles. Every automaker already lining up hybrids of all kinds.

Thats why there is no investment in refineries.. because there is no future in oil.

Edited by ogm, 18 July 2007 - 06:33 PM.

#20 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

"If I am interpreting this right, you will not have to wait too long..." To the batcave?