• 1,380 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

nm

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

MSFT now red too. Complete reversal of fortunes there. lots of people trapped and screaming at the screens.

Posted Image

#3 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:49 PM

Although I'm looking for some sort of top....let's keep things in perspective when it comes to GOOG.....it's down about 8% at the lows after hours from todays high.....if yhoo was down 8% it would be down about 2 bucks....

#4 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:02 PM

Although I'm looking for some sort of top....let's keep things in perspective when it comes to GOOG.....it's down about 8% at the lows after hours from todays high.....if yhoo was down 8% it would be down about 2 bucks....

Share price is somehwat a missleading thing.

Lets look at what it means. In the case of GOOG thats about 15.7 billion vaporized and for Yahoo a similar percentage move would be 1/5 of that.

The dollar value of GOOGs decline that you want to put in perspective is about the entire market cap of Ford.

But its all funny money created out of thin air by the FED.

#5 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:07 PM

If everything corrects "just 8%" that would be an 8% correction :) Thats a lot of money.

#6 Drano

Drano

• Traders-Talk User
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:14 PM

Just for entertainment, I visited the Yahoo GOOG message board. Hilarious stuff there, all kinds of venom heaped on Cramer, people claiming they're going to do straddles costing $200K "I can afford to lose", etc. My favorite post so far: "In other news...... toilet paper flying off the shelves! Stock up for tomorrow!"

#7 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:21 PM

Share price is somehwat a missleading thing.

Lets look at what it means. In the case of GOOG thats about 15.7 billion vaporized and for Yahoo a similar percentage move would be 1/5 of that.

The dollar value of GOOGs decline that you want to put in perspective is about the entire market cap of Ford.

But its all funny money created out of thin air by the FED.

Actually nothing has been lost because nothing is there until someone sells and another one buys. Once had a huge argument with a Banker about home equity. He said I am richer when the value of my house goes up. I said no I am not, cannot spend the value of my house. He says you can take the equity out and spend it. I says yeah but I gotta pay it back and with interest so I pay back twice as much as I borrowed so how am I richer? We argued for some time before he finally had to admit I was right. All the home equity people have removed from homes has to be paid back and over the life time of a 10 year loan they will pay back a whole lot more than what was borrowed.
"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#8 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:26 PM

Drano, LOL.
Time to move to the crisis trading room?

Posted Image

#9 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:48 PM

Now what happens?..

http://stockcharts.c...2848&r=4710.png

#10 JAP

JAP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 575 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:09 PM

GOOG has been a ridiculously overvalued stock for quite some time. $100 a share would be a fare price :lol: After a week or two the GOOGies will forget about what happened today and start buying it again. :rolleyes: