myths about being bears/bulls

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mcleert

mcleert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:48 PM

1.) being bearish-----"means being short the market"--------so not true. Cash positions are ok and going long when the bulls are running--this is called----going with the flow. May not agree (bearish), but so be it. 2.) "bears always lose when they have to cover" --------excuse me------sure some trades go bad-------but a bear could be winning on another bullish trade!!! 3.) "you are either bearish or bullish"-------I don't know anyone who swings one way----Not even the perma bears or doom and gloomers. ;)

#2 brasilstocks

brasilstocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:31 AM

1.) being bearish-----"means being short the market"--------so not true. Cash positions are ok

and going long when the bulls are running--this is called----going with the flow. May not agree (bearish),

but so be it.

2.) "bears always lose when they have to cover" --------excuse me------sure some trades go bad-------but

a bear could be winning on another bullish trade!!!

3.) "you are either bearish or bullish"-------I don't know anyone who swings one way----Not even the perma bears or doom and gloomers. ;)

very true

#3 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:09 AM

1.) being bearish-----"means being short the market"--------so not true. Cash positions are ok

and going long when the bulls are running--this is called----going with the flow. May not agree (bearish),

but so be it.

2.) "bears always lose when they have to cover" --------excuse me------sure some trades go bad-------but

a bear could be winning on another bullish trade!!!

3.) "you are either bearish or bullish"-------I don't know anyone who swings one way----Not even the perma bears or doom and gloomers. ;)

All I see is ....I am bullish because I am long....I only see bullish things....If you show me the bearish signs.....I will cut your head off.....or cut you down with words....
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay