Inflation----Go long and key on the "YUK

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mcleert

mcleert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:20 AM

When :cry: the dollar/yen goes down--------Bernanke will and has done--- inflate the market with dollars. It would be foolish to short the market in the USA-------yes the dollar value on stocks will go down but the price of stocks will go up. I am bearish on the value of the dollar but bullish on stock prices-(today)----only because of inflation. Just a note --- It cost me $13 to get a haircut today-----last year in July----$ 10----same place, same Chinese owners....

Edited by mcleert, 21 July 2007 - 12:29 AM.

#2 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:40 AM

I heard some brewers today complaining on public radio. Ethanol for fuel is driving up their costs. Power has gone up. Glass prices gone up. Sounded like they are starting to get squeezed with inflation. The stupid ethanol tax (taking our crop land and turning it into fuel land) is a huge inflation maker pushing anything related to food crops higher higher higher I hope we get our head out of the sand on that one soon, no matter how politically correct such stupidity is.

Edited by Sentient Being, 21 July 2007 - 12:43 AM.

In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#3 espresso

espresso

• Traders-Talk User
  • 913 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:01 AM

"It cost me $13 to get a haircut today-----last year in July----$ 10----same place, same Chinese owners...." It cost me 14£ in England (that's the double you pay!), same italian hairdresser, same average price! :cry:
Spesi FF