• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:18 PM

Rising or falling...does it really matter?

One might want a rising dollar ... :wink:

Posted Image
Click Here to see Full Sized Image

#2 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:41 PM

I read an article not too long ago that your average japanese household was playing the yen carry trade.. that they were in the currency markets, selling yen and buying other currency assets. The value of their trade was so large it was greater than the value of professional currency trader's accounts. This I found interesting. If someone can find that article again and post it, I wouldn't mind re-reading it.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#3 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 05:38 PM

I read an article not too long ago that your average japanese household was playing the yen carry trade.. that they were in the currency markets, selling yen and buying other currency assets. The value of their trade was so large it was greater than the value of professional currency trader's accounts.

This I found interesting. If someone can find that article again and post it, I wouldn't mind re-reading it.

All you have to do is search for "japanese household was playing the yen carry trade"
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#4 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 05:54 PM

I read an article not too long ago that your average japanese household was playing the yen carry trade.. that they were in the currency markets, selling yen and buying other currency assets. The value of their trade was so large it was greater than the value of professional currency trader's accounts.

This I found interesting. If someone can find that article again and post it, I wouldn't mind re-reading it.

All you have to do is search for "japanese household was playing the yen carry trade"

http://www.traders-t...?...ic=71859

#5 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:59 PM

I read that article for the first time... A 59 year old housewife making 3.4 million dollars trading forex ? VOW !!!