The dollar is coiling for an UP explosion here

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:04 AM

in 20 years of watching stock and commodity charts I have never seen a set up like this not go up. Worst that I would expect is spike down then a 180 reversal but doubt it will go any lower. Today the dollar is up. :sweatingbullets: The move that is coming should be explosive.

#2 Pabst

Pabst

• Traders-Talk User
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:14 AM

in 20 years of watching stock and commodity charts I have never seen a set up like this not go up.

Worst that I would expect is spike down then a 180 reversal but doubt it will go any lower. Today the dollar is up. :sweatingbullets:

The move that is coming should be explosive.

I couldn't agree more.

Anti-dollar sentiment is off the charts.
Free market's for free men!

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:15 AM

in 20 years of watching stock and commodity charts I have never seen a set up like this not go up.

Worst that I would expect is spike down then a 180 reversal but doubt it will go any lower. Today the dollar is up. :sweatingbullets:

I agree with you overall that the dollar is in a bottoming process. A few more retests may be possible, but it's in the vicinity of a bottom, a major one at that !

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#4 Curt

Curt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:21 AM

Yes there's good reasons for both an up and a down from here. But banks have been down and have little good news going for them, following the builders down. The SOX and a few story stocks are pulling the indices up against narrow breadth. What's your charts and analysis for believing today is a low? tnx curt

#5 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

zedor, since you follow the dollar, can you shed some light on it's ST implication? Will a rising dollar sap liquidity out of the market? Or are there are considerations....just want to know more about this inter-market relationship. rkd
“be right and sit tight”

#6 zedor

zedor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:18 PM

zedor,

since you follow the dollar, can you shed some light on it's ST implication? Will a rising dollar sap liquidity out of the market? Or are there are considerations....just want to know more about this inter-market relationship.

rkd

Hard to say with exactitude -- BUT since a falling dollar was good for the stock market a rising dollar should not be. I think that the bear market will be in sum a deflationary thing with sectors and segments having inflation.

Debt though will have to be repaid in dollars and dollars that will be more valuable as time goes on -- or put another way harder to get.

The US will lose its super power status is the dollar collapses. Money is as important to our super power as our military or economy. Its all the dollar so at some point things will be sacrificed to make sure the dollar does not become monopoly money.

This article is apropo relative to London vying to take the tittle of world financial central from NY and ergo the US. The dollar cannot colapse if we are to stem this. http://money.cnn.com...sion=2007072306 "London vs. New York smackdown Which city is the real financial capital of the world?"

Yes there's good reasons for both an up and a down from here.

But banks have been down and have little good news going for them, following the builders down. The SOX and a few story stocks are pulling the indices up against narrow breadth.

What's your charts and analysis for believing today is a low?
tnx curt

Not saying today per se just that we are very near. Am never good with the exact second of these things.

On the daily chart when the RSI is scraping the bottom of the range and price just dribbles lower is a very bullish sign 99% of the time.

Then on the weekly chart a giant bullish wedge has been formed.

On the Monthly the low now is making a double bottom to one some 3 years ago.

Then see above on the funnymental side of things.

#7 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:33 PM

I am looking for a flush down in the dollar, maye below the lows, to set this up. It is intersting because I SEE gold rising at the same time. I agree on the stock negative view and this could be the so called correction needed.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#8 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:44 PM

My target on the USD is 40.

Heard the same cries of "dollar bounce" at 100, 96, 92, 88, 86, 82, etc.

Yes, perhaps the USD will eventually bounce -- but nowhere near as high as some might think.

Acting like a dead dog.

The BIGGER trend remains DOWN, and it's your only friend.

I couldn't agree more.

Anti-dollar sentiment is off the charts.

-- Re "anti-dollar sentiment," do you have an actual chart to back that up ?

Edited by beta, 23 July 2007 - 03:39 PM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#9 emdee

emdee

• TT Member+
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:40 PM

Anybody have a suggestion on how to play the dollar? There is a lack of trading volume on UUP. Could ss FXE (or other currency shares) Any other ideas? TIA...Mike