Photo

Thanks to the poster who mentioned the SRS Fund in May!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:13 PM

Muchas gracias...who was that masked man? or woman :D

#2 Drano

Drano

• Traders-Talk User
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

Sadly, REIT SLG reported blow-out earnings after hours, could tank SRS tomorrow (temporarily). SLG has a whole bunch of high-end Manhattan real estate, rents out to CBS etc. on Madison Avenue -- you get the idea. They're not typical of the rest of the sector, but..... And here SRS looked poised to finally break through the 95 barrier and achieve its destiny. :P

#3 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:26 PM

I believe it was me. I posted about it on technicalwatch many times, and only a couple of times here. I have been holding it from 76 and is the largest position in my portfolio. Other than this one and few other winning shorts I have, I agree that we are in a powerful bull market :)
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#4 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:34 PM

Sadly, REIT SLG reported blow-out earnings after hours, could tank SRS tomorrow (temporarily). SLG has a whole bunch of high-end Manhattan real estate, rents out to CBS etc. on Madison Avenue -- you get the idea. They're not typical of the rest of the sector, but.....

And here SRS looked poised to finally break through the 95 barrier and achieve its destiny. :P

you may be right but I am not trading this one! I actually have it as a long term hold..which is an oxymoron for me!

#5 Drano

Drano

• Traders-Talk User
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:36 PM

I've been in and out of SRS a lot, but about half as much as I should have to maximize profits. It's incredibly volatile, but nerve-wracking, as one earnings report can boost it or tank it. Day-trader's delight, but I'm with you on the long-term destiny of SRS.

#6 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:43 PM

I've been in and out of SRS a lot, but about half as much as I should have to maximize profits. It's incredibly volatile, but nerve-wracking, as one earnings report can boost it or tank it. Day-trader's delight, but I'm with you on the long-term destiny of SRS.

i got enough stress watching the spx minis and naz minis all day...I dont have time to watch sRS thank God

BTW your avitar is freaking me out!

I believe it was me. I posted about it on technicalwatch many times, and only a couple of times here. I have been holding it from 76 and is the largest position in my portfolio.

Other than this one and few other winning shorts I have, I agree that we are in a powerful bull market :)

thanks greenie!

I should have asked who was that guy with the lipstick!

#7 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:46 AM

Funny you said that. I have been following this (or rather $DJR that it inversely tracks) and its components for over 5 months now, often on intraday basis. I have a good feeling about where it is going the next day or sometimes in the next few hours, and, believe me, I have not looked at or care about a single earning report from any of its components. I do not trade SRS intraday, however. It is part of my long term 'short and hold' portfolio :)

What I see right now is $DJR broke below its 3 month horizontal resistance today. We may get follow through with more down tomorrow (more likely), and then retest of the broken horizontal line and chop (less likely). Let's see how that 'prediction' plays out. After retest, the price of interest is IYR=70.

The components SPG, KIM etc. did not break below horizontal support. The one that looks weakest is CBL. I may short it individually tomorrow.

#8 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:48 AM

They're not typical of the rest of the sector, but.....

Rent is rent, whether to the emperor or the pauper. In fact, the homeless has no rent and so does not get affected by adverse economy :)