....the markets will close in green today, please raise your hands :P

:unsure:

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:47 AM

NAV has been posting here for years. His track record speaks for itself. have you a history of his track record over that time? perfection is not what this is about, anyway.

#3 brasilstocks

brasilstocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

NAV has been posting here for years. His track record speaks for itself.

have you a history of his track record over that time?

perfection is not what this is about, anyway.

my post wasn't meant to expose anybody I think you didn't get the point

#4 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

the point of yesterday's post is?

Edited by hiker, 24 July 2007 - 09:50 AM.

#5 brasilstocks

brasilstocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:52 AM

the point is?

I am asking who thinks that we close green today as it is quoted above. And as you can see I'm not sure myself.

Some people give way too much weight to postcounts

This post has been edited by hiker: Today, 11:50 AM

:lol:

Edited by brasilstocks, 24 July 2007 - 09:58 AM.

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:07 AM

BTW, we closed in green yesterday. Today is a different story. I had 7 points in my pocket and gave it all back and some. Only way to catch the big moves is sitting tight. And then you encounter nasty gap-downs like today, which is a cost of doing this business. Post mortem analysis is easy. That's why there are more analysts than traders. The only guy who posted in real-time that he was going short at yesterday's high was teaparty, while most were sweating. Now that's what i call courage of conviction. Making fun of - that's easy and cowardly !

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#7 ChickenLittle

ChickenLittle

• Traders-Talk User
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:10 AM

It looks like Airedale has hit a home run as we are heading for his July low (about July 31 by my figures). I see the possibility of a secondary low on approx. Aug 23. I hold out the secondary low idea because the 40 week and 18 month would be too early on July 31. I wonder what Airedale's take is on the second low??? :blink:
History always repeats . . . only the details change.

#8 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:19 AM

It looks like Airedale has hit a home run as we are heading for his July low (about July 31 by my figures). I see the possibility of a secondary low on approx. Aug 23. I hold out the secondary low idea because the 40 week and 18 month would be too early on July 31. I wonder what Airedale's take is on the second low??? :blink:

I respect airedale very much.....but I think even he would say he's still in the batters box with a full count...I think he's in the money at these levels however...but not sure on that. We have not closed below critical support on spx yet....in fact we are still holding the neckline on spx. Have to close below 1524.50 for me to believe a top is in....Filling the gap today at 31.50 and rallying big...might be a tell that we have more to go on the upside
PS.. i shorted ES at 1543 with a stop at 44.75

Edited by Teaparty, 24 July 2007 - 10:21 AM.

#9 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

I forgot to mention the KTT trade here, but others can attest to my posting of such.

That said, I was wasn't all that excited about the trade until late. Often, I'll keep my mouth shut about a trade that's making me nervous...

:lol:

BTW, we closed in green yesterday. Today is a different story. I had 7 points in my pocket and gave it all back and some. Only way to catch the big moves is sitting tight. And then you encounter nasty gap-downs like today, which is a cost of doing this business. Post mortem analysis is easy. That's why there are more analysts than traders. The only guy who posted in real-time that he was going short at yesterday's high was teaparty, while most were sweating. Now that's what i call courage of conviction. Making fun of - that's easy and cowardly !

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter