Hindenburg Omen discussed on CNBC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:23 PM

Erin Burnett had Peter Eliades on and they talked about the large number of New Highs AND New Lows.

If mention of the H-Omen on a message board has been known to ignite furious rallies, what is its mention on bubblevision gonna do ?

Also see this. Oh and btw, another one is going to trigger today, which is unusual becos they stop occurring during big declines because of the fewer new highs, but apparently not this time.

#2 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:25 PM

Erin Burnett had Peter Eliades on and they talked about the large number of New Highs AND New Lows.

If mention of the H-Omen on a message board has been known to ignite furious rallies, what is its mention on bubblevision gonna do ?

Also see this. Oh and btw, another one is going to trigger today, which is unusual becos they stop occurring during big declines because of the fewer new highs, but apparently not this time.

Now that you posted about it, at least one day rally is gauranteed :lol:

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:26 PM

Now thats bad. I love when CNBC discusses peak oil, Global economic boom and so on. They had 100s of people coming out before the earnings season started, saying that earnings are underestimated and that everyone will beat handily. I mean one after another. Non-stop.

#4 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:30 PM

I am aware that everyone has become a "contrarian". Maybe the omen will come true? I am bearish St but with no position, but LT bullish.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#5 wallyw

wallyw

• Traders-Talk User
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:35 PM

I am aware that everyone has become a "contrarian". Maybe the omen will come true?

I am bearish St but with no position, but LT bullish.

i think that, after four years of rally, it's time to put the bull horns away for a couple of years. in a bear market, murphy's laws - the second law of thermodynamics - rules.

#6 nicolasillo

nicolasillo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

"Oh and btw, another one is going to trigger today, which is unusual becos they stop occurring during big declines because of the fewer new highs, but apparently not this time."
Did the markets close down cos you mention they stop occuring during big declines. Yesterday it didn t give a signal and today I don t think it will give a signal either. I don t have the new highs and lows yet. And by the way the best source to get the new highs and lows is the WSJ.

#7 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:59 PM

I dont know what you're trying to say. Technically, you are right that an H-omen did not trigger Wednesday becos the number of 52 week highs was 76, short of the required 79. But it did look like it was going to trigger at the time I posted that comment.

Edited by kaiser soze, 25 July 2007 - 08:01 PM.