20 week cycle low?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:43 AM

Either this is a cracking buy op or the end of the bull market. pick ur poison amigos.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#2 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:45 AM

Either this is a cracking buy op or the end of the bull market. pick ur poison amigos.

both. we do need to revisit new highs in order to make money from a long position here.
“be right and sit tight”

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:46 AM

I think its both. I think w'ere hitting a ST low, maybe will even turn out to be a 20 week low. Then we'll rallly and dick around for a few days, and then new down leg.

on a short term basis this is pretty darn oversold. But longer term charts are only starting to crack.

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:48 AM

I agree the weekly charts are now breaking down, this is a downtrend, it might bounce a little though...

Edited by kisacik, 26 July 2007 - 10:48 AM.

#5 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:52 AM

tor, this will set up a bottom for the next bull leg up with much higher prices, once this forecasted 4.5 yr cycle bottoms. we're getting close, but IMO not there yet.
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#6 ZIDANE

ZIDANE

• Traders-Talk User
  • 739 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:57 AM

I think its both. I think w'ere hitting a ST low, maybe will even turn out to be a 20 week low. Then we'll rallly and dick around for a few days, and then new down leg.

on a short term basis this is pretty darn oversold. But longer term charts are only starting to crack.

That's what I'm seeing. 2600 is an area of temporary support. Let's see if the bulls can manage one last gasp attempt to rally 50-60 points before the next downleg. Rally or no rally, we're going down to 2362 at the very least.

I dont think this is the end of the bull market, but rather a major correction good for about 15-20% on the Nasdaq before the bull re-asserts itself to new highs.

:bear: :bear: :bear:

#7 KCScott

KCScott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:03 AM

tor, this will set up a bottom for the next bull leg up with much higher prices, once this forecasted 4.5 yr cycle bottoms. we're getting close, but IMO not there yet.

Props to you Dale - You've been calling this cycle bottom for end of July for several months and you were spot on.

Thanks for your excellent work -

Have you considered starting a blog?
KC Scott Blogs at IBC: http://ibankcoin.com/kcscott/

#8 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

Thanks Air.

I thought we may be there.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#9 BCB

BCB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:32 AM

tor, this will set up a bottom for the next bull leg up with much higher prices, once this forecasted 4.5 yr cycle bottoms. we're getting close, but IMO not there yet. [/quote] Thanks Air. I thought we may be there. [/quote] Not quite there yet... I've been buying back some oil stocks in the last few days (more this AM, BTW), and my 80yo mom hasn't made her paniced phone call to me yet, saying "Get me out, get me out... I'm losing my [bleeep] here...." ;) The last time she made that always pleasant mid-morning phone call to me, she missed the BOTTOM of the January energy-stock bottom by less than 15 MINUTES.... I kid you not... Haven't heard from her yet today.... Perhaps she's not watching CNBC this morning, but it's concerning me.. :sweatingbullets: