For Denleo

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:07 PM

My SRS is up 39% now from 3 months back, when it was opened. BZH short is going to score 100% soon. All other short positions, except RTH QID (long), are up > 10-15%. Most of them, like BSC, LEH were opened in late March. (All posted real time in technicalwatch). I am as bearish as I was then. Does that bother you :) ?
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#2 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:47 PM

I don't understand. Why would it bother me? Denelo

#3 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:56 PM

Well, you asked few days back, whether I am always bearish. So, I just wanted to show that the indices/stocks I have positions on are in well-established bear market for 4-5 months (although SPX/NDX are not). That's what makes me overwhelming bearish. Best to your trading. G.

#4 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:07 PM

yanno, I'm only allowing this because greenie needs to have his day in the sun. I'll say this, greenie, if you don't book some profits in the quality stuff soon, the odds of you giving back your profits are high. The market is nearing a nice rally. It'll likely leave the junk behind, but that's no consolation if you're short the SPX and it takes out the highs. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#5 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:26 PM

I'll say this, greenie, if you don't book some profits in the quality stuff soon, the odds of you giving back your profits are high.

The market is nearing a nice rally. It'll likely leave the junk behind, but that's no consolation if you're short the SPX and it takes out the highs.

Cover..Cover..Cover !!! Yes, that is what I have been hearing for last few months.

I will NOT cover a single position I have. I am not a daytrader searching for pennies here.

Again - here are the shorts - CTX, BZH, RTH, KIM, PLD, DDR, LEH, BSC. Here are the longs - SRS, QID.

When I have time, I will dig up the entry prices that I posted realtime in the technicalwatch board. All were opened in the last 3 months, and all except QID are profitable. I covered only one short - HOV - for 15% profit, and thus missed another 25%.

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:47 PM

You've made some great trades in that batch. I'm not trying to diminish that fact. The SRS and QID are two that aren't so great. You took some heat on those. You're getting well or at least better, so thank your stars, and when the bottom spotters go off, cover the quality. We are NOT in a Bear market greenie. The crummy stuff may be entering one, to be sure, but the big names have new highs ahead. Don't take that heat. In fact, consider staying short the crap and going long the quality. This isn't a day trade, this is a multi month forecast based upon the technicals and sentiment. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#7 vulture

vulture

• Traders-Talk User
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:38 PM

You've made some great trades in that batch. I'm not trying to diminish that fact. The SRS and QID are two that aren't so great. You took some heat on those.

You're getting well or at least better, so thank your stars, and when the bottom spotters go off, cover the quality.

We are NOT in a Bear market greenie. The crummy stuff may be entering one, to be sure, but the big names have new highs ahead. Don't take that heat. In fact, consider staying short the crap and going long the quality.

This isn't a day trade, this is a multi month forecast based upon the technicals and sentiment.

Mark

Amazing. So you are essentially completely snubbing your nose at Greenie's prescient calls in shorting the homebuilder stocks. If that wasn't THE trade of the year on the short side, then I'd like to see a better call on the downside. Greenie made a demonstrative call at least 18 months ago that housing would turn into a debacle. He NAILED that call. End of story.

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:49 PM

Greenie nailed the home builders. Not only that, but he wasn't just bearish on them, like me, but unlike me, he wasn't afraid of the company and got and stayed short. Kudos. He's also been using fundamental economic arguments for being short the S&P and Naz. I disagreed with that approach, and still do. It's a sucker's bet. I have no idea how much heat he took on those, but I'm very glad he was short the home builders and other winners. I just don't want him to mistake a correction for a Bear and give back profits that he earned fair and square. And note, I was and am short the Russell from much higher. I'll be covering soon. For Timer Digest, I'm short the SPY from above. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:

#9 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:53 PM

Kudo's to you, greenie. You have been nailing them big time. Oh, and I did find your posts at technical watch. Will be going there a bit more often to see what you are thinking. Your post on xD's board was right on as well. SRS continues its climb. :clap: :cheer:
Peace
johngeorge

#10 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:36 PM

BSC and LEH are da boyz. Shorting them in Mar and staying short ever since was really gutsy. Kudos to you.