High yield funds.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:05 PM

Ok, we had an event. But life goes on. Treasuries aren't yielding worth of crap again. Where do the yield hungry people put their money ? I was avoiding all these high yield funds like crazy for the last couple years. But after this carnage there's got to be some opportunites out there. I picked up SGL and PCN so far, though honestly not the best ones out there probably. Anyone have any good ideas for high yield funds ? something around 8% yield would work. I think mopney managers, those who survived the carnage will start hunting for these funds again to pick up the yield. ?There is no other way. Would be nice to have a few of them in portfolio by the time the hunt for yield comes back.

#2 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:51 PM

Ok, we had an event. But life goes on.

Treasuries aren't yielding worth of crap again. Where do the yield hungry people put their money ?

I was avoiding all these high yield funds like crazy for the last couple years. But after this carnage there's got to be some opportunites out there. I picked up SGL and PCN so far, though honestly not the best ones out there probably.

Anyone have any good ideas for high yield funds ? something around 8% yield would work.

I think mopney managers, those who survived the carnage will start hunting for these funds again to pick up the yield. ?There is no other way. Would be nice to have a few of them in portfolio by the time the hunt for yield comes back.

ogm
You may want to take a look at two Alpine closed end funds AOD and AGD. http://www.alpinecef.com/
Best to you
Peace
johngeorge

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:03 PM

Ok, we had an event. But life goes on.

Treasuries aren't yielding worth of crap again. Where do the yield hungry people put their money ?

I was avoiding all these high yield funds like crazy for the last couple years. But after this carnage there's got to be some opportunites out there. I picked up SGL and PCN so far, though honestly not the best ones out there probably.

Anyone have any good ideas for high yield funds ? something around 8% yield would work.

I think mopney managers, those who survived the carnage will start hunting for these funds again to pick up the yield. ?There is no other way. Would be nice to have a few of them in portfolio by the time the hunt for yield comes back.

ogm
You may want to take a look at two Alpine closed end funds AOD and AGD. http://www.alpinecef.com/
Best to you

Thanks, johngeorge,

Will take a look.