Bearish Trap or Bullish Trap? Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nicolasillo

nicolasillo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

First it Looked like a bearish trap. 27/06/2007 the SPX low was 1484 and closed at 1506. Then on the 12/07/2007 the SPX gained 28pts and a day later closed at all time highs (Bullish trap). Today, is almost 100pts off the highs and looks like a test of 1430-1440 will be crucial. It can even break below those levels and head towards 1360 (lower band of 2002 trend channel). I believe that the market does not go down in a straight line, unless there is a crash? Are we going to have one tomorrow? Or it will look like we are going to have one in the morning trying to break below 1440-1430 and then head higher? There is a lot of resistance at the 1440-1430 levels 1) 200 day MA 2) lower band of the July 2006 trend channel 3) and I believe the most important, Fibonacci Projection 1987-2000-2002 @50.0% . Personally, I am bearish, but with no positions at the moment. I would like to wait and see what happens the next few days, especially tomorrow. The only thing that worries me the most is that on the news (i m talking about yahoo finance - I would be greatful if you could tell me what they say in the US TV) there is nothing about the rapid decline we experienced last week. Normally, they write stuf, for example, when Dow reached 14,000 it was all over the place, in February again there was a lot going on about the decline. This time they didn t say much! Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I believe that it is bad news and I would like to see more written about a possible crash tomorrow in order not to have one ;p I was trying to upload a chart but its my own work and saved on my laptop. Any ideas how I can upload it on here?

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:00 PM

First save the image either as gif or png (jpeg images loose too much quality for financial charts), if your tradestation can not save it and you are using a windows XP box, you can capture the screen with ALT+Insert. Then open "paint" and Edit->paste it. You can move the selection to exclude the windows title and clip the edges with the little gray dots on the right and bottom edges. Then save it as ".png". Go to imageshack.us and upload it there, then copy the link that reads as;

[IMG]http://img.imageshack.us/something.png[/IMG]

Edited by kisacik, 29 July 2007 - 01:02 PM.

#3 nicolasillo

nicolasillo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:13 PM

First save the image either as gif or png (jpeg images loose too much quality for financial charts), if your tradestation can not save it and you are using a windows XP box, you can capture the screen with ALT+Insert. Then open "paint" and Edit->paste it. You can move the selection to exclude the windows title and clip the edges with the little gray dots on the right and bottom edges. Then save it as ".png". Go to imageshack.us and upload it there, then copy the link that reads as;

Many Thanks!

Many Thanks!

Posted Image

#4 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for sharing your analysis...