• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:11 AM

is AAPL headed for a 60 min. confirmed sell signal?

posted just now at my blog here at TT

http://www.traders-t...?...;blogid=26

60 minute is on a preliminary sell..will be confirmed sell when price and some MA's move below the 60 min 200sma..the location of that MA is of greater interest to me because it intersects another data point - an easily visible horizontal price zone on the 60 minute

today's early low was about 80 cents above the 15day sma...the 5day sma and the 15day sma are approaching convergence and the 5day sma is now pointing down for the first time since the brief turn down following the 7/20 sell signal in the market averages.

#2 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:22 AM

those 3 are also topping out last...people feel "safer" in those is my take, and won't be as motivated to sell unless much lower prices do so for them...same old cycle over and over.

#3 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:25 AM

hi Tom..what is the AAPL chart telling you to do right now? your opinion whether you are trading it or not? btw, I will be absent from trading and posting from Aug 17 to Aug 25 for anyone that notices my absence...am headed for a special backpacking and fishing trip to the alpine lakes and wilderness - the River of no Return Wilderness...the largest Wilderness area south of Alaska.

Edited by hiker, 30 July 2007 - 10:38 AM.

#4 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:42 AM

hi Tom..what is the AAPL chart telling you to do right now? your opinion whether you are trading it or not?

btw, I will be absent from trading and posting from Aug 17 to Aug 25 for anyone that notices my absence...am headed for a special backpacking and fishing trip to the alpine lakes wilderness

I was talking to a person who owns the iphone. He has to charge it every night.....What a drag.....The stock is holding up, but all the good news are out.....When she comes down it won't be pretty.....
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#5 Drano

Drano

• Traders-Talk User
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:48 AM

hi Tom..what is the AAPL chart telling you to do right now? your opinion whether you are trading it or not?

btw, I will be absent from trading and posting from Aug 17 to Aug 25 for anyone that notices my absence...am headed for a special backpacking and fishing trip to the alpine lakes wilderness

I was talking to a person who owns the iphone. He has to charge it every night.....What a drag.....The stock is holding up, but all the good news are out.....When she comes down it won't be pretty.....

Unless, of course, you're short..... :lol:

On a similar note, overpriced CROX will be a beautiful picture for bears, but when? Reminds me of the madness about WFMI when it was holding up far beyond an expectation of reasonable valuation.

#6 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:51 AM

hiker, aapl is a sell on my stuff, new high with lower internal highs, and price now turning down. I had avoided "trading" aapl the last few months between the iphone announcement and earnings..but held a small long which i sold before the earnings announcement.

http://stockcharts.c...5173&r=3815.png

#7 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

looks to me like 141 to 142 is the horizontal zone it needs to move back above to get the shorts squeezed or moved back to neutral and less aggressive shorting..just an idea.. thanks Tom.

Edited by hiker, 30 July 2007 - 10:55 AM.

#8 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

no, thanks for all your input hiker! TT