Photo

Interest rates are moving higher (finally)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ChickenLittle

ChickenLittle

• Traders-Talk User
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:45 AM

History always repeats . . . only the details change.

#2 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:53 AM

Let see....Higher interest rate will cause adjustable mortgage to go up.....So people will have less to spend....So the bussiness will have less customer and the profit will do down.....and less profit will mean higher prices for the market?
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#3 ChickenLittle

ChickenLittle

• Traders-Talk User
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

Let see....Higher interest rate will cause adjustable mortgage to go up.....So people will have less to spend....So the bussiness will have less customer and the profit will do down.....and less profit will mean higher prices for the market?

You are looking at the BIG picture while I'm looking at a real tiny picture. Look at TLT inverted and compare to SPX and you'll see what I mean (today only).

Edited by ChickenLittle, 30 July 2007 - 12:01 PM.

#4 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:20 PM

You are looking at the BIG picture while I'm looking at a real tiny picture. Look at TLT inverted and compare to SPX and you'll see what I mean (today only).

Why are you using a LT indicator to trade ST?
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#5 ChickenLittle

ChickenLittle

• Traders-Talk User
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:28 PM

Why are you using a LT indicator to trade ST?

Normally I use $FVX. Occasionally the market and rates are in lock step together, that coupled with my EW count will give me the courage to catch a falling sword. When someone hit QQQQ with over 4 million shares at 13:05 and 13:08 (time), that was all I needed to bail out for the moment.