• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:24 PM

is this going to be a stop gunning exercise, failed attempt at that, or just turn into a weak close when many larger traders are counting on a strong close after yesterday's buy signals and relatively strong close. man, this is what I call hard to sit tight if short heavy....just what keeps some from participating short on a green day for the averages when SPY 148.80 R failure occurs in early a.m. and horizontal QQQQ failure at 49.10 to 12 area occurs in early a.m. the chief rules this market..what is that he says about the boyz being on a 65 minute clock..this could be a day when that is useful times as i understand, ET 10.35 11:40 12:45 1:50 2:55 4 pm

Edited by hiker, 31 July 2007 - 12:34 PM.

#12 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:39 PM

is this going to be a stop gunning exercise, failed attempt at that, or just turn into a weak close when many larger traders are counting on a strong close after yesterday's buy signals and relatively strong close.

man, this is what I call hard to sit tight if short heavy....just what keeps some from participating short on a green day for the averages when SPY 148.80 R failure occurs in early a.m. and horizontal QQQQ failure at 49.10 to 12 area occurs in early a.m.

the chief rules this market..what is that he says about the boyz being on a 65 minute clock..this could be a day when that is useful

times as i understand, ET

11:40
12:45
1:50
2:55
4 pm

Looks like they just ran my stops. Not chasing this down. Will instead look to go long, if they sell to levels i am looking for.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#13 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:44 PM

NAV..what kind of upside are you looking for in % move or price level once you enter long? I am only asking because not sure how I could count on any upside number above 1488 until it is taken out first...the play one step at a time rule..keeps me from the counting and FF moves you and Tea do. ' I am 80% short..betting as heavy as I have in many mos since the 7/20 sell signal..this is the one to not miss in my opinion...a bounce failure set up, following getting the early bulls all fooled to join the bull party right after the intiail drop to the 200sma...seems like if any time will be a 10% correction from the recent high..the bears could most likely pull it off right now at thsi juncture.

#14 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:46 PM

Arrrg! My stuff just turned down! Now I'm waiting for a bounce! :lol: What a game this is... Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#15 davewooldridge

davewooldridge

• Traders-Talk User
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:53 PM

Waiting for a bounce to short, or confirm a bottom and go long

NAV..what kind of upside are you looking for in % move or price level once you enter long?

I am only asking because not sure how I could count on any upside number above 1488 until it is taken out first...the play one step at a time rule..keeps me from the counting and FF moves you and Tea do.
'
I am 80% short..betting as heavy as I have in many mos since the 7/20 sell signal..this is the one to not miss in my opinion...a bounce failure set up, following getting the early bulls all fooled to join the bull party right after the intiail drop to the 200sma...seems like if any time will be a 10% correction from the recent high..the bears could most likely pull it off right now at thsi juncture.

#16 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

intraday SPY low of 147.28 arrives 2 minutes after the 13:50 time mentioned in above 65 minute time increments used by the boyz according to da chief...interesting and could be useful..next times of interest 14:55 and 16ET

Edited by hiker, 31 July 2007 - 01:02 PM.

#17 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:17 PM

I believe the brokers hold the keys to this market. Goldman is negative on the day. If GS breaks below 189 and BSC drops below 119, the downside to these stocks could be huge. I think the Qs leading to the downside destroys the theory that techs are going to lead the broader stock market out of the hole. Am not sure the bounce is over. Do not have sufficient conviction to go short the broader market right now. But opened a small position in GS puts. Call it a short probe.

#18 Drano

Drano

• Traders-Talk User
  • 481 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:19 PM

Looks like CROX is a leader to the upside. Ugly plastic footwear to the rescue. :blink:

#19 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:55 PM

Nav, Let us know if you decide to go long in the last hour. Doubt a signal will come around though...but it doesnt 'feel' like its going to sell-off any further.
“be right and sit tight”

#20 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:22 PM

NAV..what kind of upside are you looking for in % move or price level once you enter long?

I am only asking because not sure how I could count on any upside number above 1488 until it is taken out first...the play one step at a time rule..keeps me from the counting and FF moves you and Tea do.
'
I am 80% short..betting as heavy as I have in many mos since the 7/20 sell signal..this is the one to not miss in my opinion...a bounce failure set up, following getting the early bulls all fooled to join the bull party right after the intiail drop to the 200sma...seems like if any time will be a 10% correction from the recent high..the bears could most likely pull it off right now at thsi juncture.

Hiker,

I am not sure what makes you think that i am making projections based on crystalballing or wave counting. Sorry i don't use e-waves while trading. All my projections are based on dynamic support and reistances based on my own work. I saw this short setup coming, not based on any foresight, but i had a hourly sell. I positioned short. It was a crappy day for me. I never move my stops down once set. For some reason, i felt uncomfortable and moved my stops from 1596 to 1590. Bastages, they stopped me out. After that, to add to my misery, my internet connection crapped out.

Again once i take a position, i never knwo where to exit. I just rely on my indicators. If we hit my dynamic support/resistance before i get a buy/sell from the indicators i exit. I don't give too much importance to projections.

rkd,
I dont' think we will be getting any hourly buys today, given that we have only 45 minutes left. I will post it once i get it. We are close to getting one and should come after the silly hour tommrow. I am almost positive, looking at my indicators that the retest is done. We need a momo thrust to generate a buy.

Edited by NAV, 31 July 2007 - 02:28 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV