• 1,380 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:12 PM

Posted Image

#2 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:47 PM

I see a coming market for a reliable daily business newspaper...and I don't mean Investors Business Daily.

#3 colours

colours

• Traders-Talk User
  • 427 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:26 PM

" Dark day For Journalism " That is a funny statement coming from the mainstream Media . Jayson Blair and the New York Times made up stories and called them news . CBS used forged documents in an attempt to unseat a sitting President . USA Today had to fire a reporter for " making up the news " . CNN lost it's reputation during the Clinton era by becoming the " Clinton News Network " . AP is another caught falsifying news documents. Zogby rigged his exit polling during the 2004 election . Of course CNBC is balanced financial journalism ,LOL. It's a dark day for MSM because their own tactics have been successfully used against them by FOX . Meanwhile , those of us who seek independent , unbiased voices in the news will remain looking because it is not to be found.

#4 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:51 PM

Totally agree ... march to your own drummer ... take everything with a grain of salt. World is filled with people trying to sway your opinions ... think or suffer the consequences. Off to work (at a hospital job I don't believe in, to support the business I DO believe in :lol: ) C.C. ;)

Edited by calmcookie, 31 July 2007 - 01:53 PM.

#5 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:19 PM

LAUGH. Like the radicalized left EVER CARED about a paper that supports capitalism, free enterprize, and free speech! Oh yeah, they are "worried". Now if MoveOn.Org was buying it, they would be cheering announcing that its about to become an "honest" news source....meaning radiclaized politically correct censorship & spin is about to take place.

Edited by Sentient Being, 31 July 2007 - 02:23 PM.

In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#6 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:28 PM

I find this whole "Dark Day for Journalism" rhetoric rather odd considering that you have far more reaching media outlets such as Viacom, Time Warner, and General Electric (to name a few) with their blatant left wing policies and agendas reaching more people than what News Corp. could ever imagine having in the United States (no less worldwide). Guess it's just another case of who's who that makes a difference on how these business decisions are perceived, isn't it? But what will be intriguing will be whether the investment public is ready to embrace either: The News Corp Industrial Index or The Fox Industrial Index or The Murdoch Industrial Index Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#7 CAzzaro

CAzzaro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:07 PM

I rather like Murdoch Industrial Index. :lol:

#8 colours

colours

• Traders-Talk User
  • 427 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:44 PM

So would the index names be referred to as : a.) the NIX (NewsCorp Industrial Index) b.) the FIX ( Fox Industrial Index ) or c.) the MIX ( Murdoch Industrial Index )

#9 mikehb

mikehb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:41 PM

for "fair and balanced" why not try the bubblemania network....where you have Bob Pisani who never met a stock he didnt like..Squeeky "the NDX is going to 10,000" Bubleomo..and Joe Kiernan...who every day the maket goes lower looks more like Julius Westheimer... :blush:

#10 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 11:30 PM

Posted Image

The better interpretation of this photo is that "Dark day for Journalism" is below the New York Times!
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.