• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:41 AM

BERLIN (Reuters) - A Berlin court has sentenced a man known as "Schnitzel Stephan" to 18 months in jail for cheating 64 restaurants in the past year when he was already on probation for previous unpaid eating binges.

The heavyset man of 350 lb with a thin grey beard, would routinely order lamb chops, steak or Viennese schnitzel along with several beers. When the bill came, he either ran for the door or told the waiter he had no money.

Iris Berger, a spokeswoman for the Berlin Justice Department, said Thursday the 43-year-old unemployed truck driver had been convicted on 64 counts of fraud. The total damage to restaurants was 3,000 euros ($4,100).

He RAN??
And got AWAY???

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:58 PM

ThisisLondon.co.uk/news

Obese people are often simply greedy and should not always be treated with pills, the head of the British Medical Association has said.

Dr Hamish Meldrum believes an obsession with medical labels may be stopping overweight people addressing their own problems.

Posted Image

Good thing he's drinking a Diet Coke with that super sized order of french fries.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 02 August 2007 - 09:01 PM.

#3 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:36 AM

I was behind a pretty, but quite overweight young lady at Subway. She ordered a 6" turkey sandwich and was putting lots of vegetables on it. I smiled to myself and thought, "now that's how she ought to be eating!". Then, at the end of all this healthy stuff, she had them put about 1/2 cup of mayo on it! I couldn't believe it! I mean, I love my homemade mayo, but even with that I couldn't imagine that much fat on a sandwich! She probably thinks that she's got a thyroid problem because she eats "healthy" but can't seem to loose any weight... Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#4 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:31 AM

There is remarkable data on the eating habits of the overweight. That woman probably will make close to a dozen pit stops on any given day - sandwich, burger, fries, snack, etc. etc. Drive through donuts, you name it. These people have "rounds" they make. THen they go home and nibble at a salad in front of their family and wonder out loud why they can't lose weight. It takes a LOT of excess calories to get fat. You really have to work at it. Truly a sad problem... mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

It takes a LOT of excess calories to get fat. You really have to work at it. Truly a sad problem...

mm

I don't have to work at it at all. All I have to do is eat carbs with my good food. Good bread, butter...mmmm. Cream sauces. Bacon. Duck fat pomme frites. Mashed taters. Pasta with sausage and cream.

And of course keep drinking my wine.

No effort whatsoever. Really.
:lol:

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter