• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:40 PM

Continuation sell on ES. FWIW

What does this look like on a chart ? Continuation Sell that is.

Thanks

Skymaster,

The concept behind continuation sell is, once a downtrend is established, we get these oversold bounces into resistances. If the momentum breaks down around these resitance zones, then it's a continuation sell, which will continue the downtrend. To really show the chart, i will have to display all my indicators and the rules behind it, that i use to identify these momentum reversals, before the world knows it ;) . But that would be giving the farm away B)

The boyz did some song and dance. Now seems like the signal is showing some strength :P

Edited by NAV, 02 August 2007 - 01:42 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#12 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:06 PM

long SPY 146.15 area....no leverage..no futures...stop SPX 1460..pilot postion only 60 min 5 and 15sma's are in convergence mode only..no bearish cross yet.. SPX...any backkiss of the now surpassed rising bottoms t/l needs to hold up,or this advance is in danger

Edited by hiker, 02 August 2007 - 02:01 PM.

#13 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:24 PM

talk about a low volume rally on SPY..if 1470 gets taken out, then the volume will come in.. buyers appear not convinced yet.. price and the 5sma now reside above the 200sma on SPY 3 min

Edited by hiker, 02 August 2007 - 02:28 PM.

#14 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:29 PM

long SPY 146.15 area....no leverage..no futures...stop SPX 1460..pilot postion only

60 min 5 and 15sma's are in convergence mode only..no bearish cross yet..

SPX...any backkiss of the now surpassed rising bottoms t/l needs to hold up,or this advance is in danger

Beautiful timing, Hiker ! -- you nailed that low.
"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#15 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

That signal ended up as just a sideways consolidation. Strong market !.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#16 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 02:49 PM

closed the SPY long near R, which is: 1488 1479 1474 today's rising top t/l was surpassed by the spike, then failed to hold up price

#17 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:16 PM

Continuation sell on ES. FWIW

What does this look like on a chart ? Continuation Sell that is.

Thanks

Skymaster,

The concept behind continuation sell is, once a downtrend is established, we get these oversold bounces into resistances. If the momentum breaks down around these resitance zones, then it's a continuation sell, which will continue the downtrend. To really show the chart, i will have to display all my indicators and the rules behind it, that i use to identify these momentum reversals, before the world knows it ;) . But that would be giving the farm away B)

The boyz did some song and dance. Now seems like the signal is showing some strength :P

Thank you, that was what I was trying to understand. I got the idea. I would like to join them but gotta follow trend. I will get my confirmation in sometime next week for sure.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#18 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:18 PM

I took profits for Premium Subs at 147950. :D

I'm outta here for now, but when I get back, I'm thinking I'll be looking long again.

We'll see. My stuff is borderlin flashing a pre-sell, ST. If it bounces, it's bullish.

Bye for now. C ya in a bit.

Mark,

Looking to go long ? - I was thinking the same this morning. They turned the 30-min trend up, but could not turn the 60-min up, which still remains down. And worse, the the 60-min is in a backkiss mode. So it could blossom into something ugly very soon. Good luck.

Hey, back again too late to trade.

I was looking long all day based upon a Sentiment Buy signal, in context of an early stage rally (still gots lots o' energy) and the Rel. VIX Buy.

I was just having trouble with the trend stuff and the volume wasn't very "punchy" if you know what I mean, so I decided to take my 9 point profit at the highs where I knew we'd run into a little trouble. I missed about 2 points.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I'm very curious to see the sentiment.

Best,
Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#19 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:12 PM

so what do you think Mark? Got some potential for tomorrow?

I took profits for Premium Subs at 147950. :D

I'm outta here for now, but when I get back, I'm thinking I'll be looking long again.

We'll see. My stuff is borderlin flashing a pre-sell, ST. If it bounces, it's bullish.

Bye for now. C ya in a bit.

Mark,

Looking to go long ? - I was thinking the same this morning. They turned the 30-min trend up, but could not turn the 60-min up, which still remains down. And worse, the the 60-min is in a backkiss mode. So it could blossom into something ugly very soon. Good luck.

Hey, back again too late to trade.

I was looking long all day based upon a Sentiment Buy signal, in context of an early stage rally (still gots lots o' energy) and the Rel. VIX Buy.

I was just having trouble with the trend stuff and the volume wasn't very "punchy" if you know what I mean, so I decided to take my 9 point profit at the highs where I knew we'd run into a little trouble. I missed about 2 points.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I'm very curious to see the sentiment.

Best,
Mark

“be right and sit tight”

#20 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:57 AM

Not clear as yet. I'm thinking both sides will be worth trading, at this point. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter