Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:49 AM

Well the obvious trend is down but be careful,... my short term indicator have turned ever so slightly...so I'm using some cash to Buy a little here as a st trade...I may exit at the close or Monday as we could see a bounce what type of bounce I would expect something like a +25-50 point move in the NDX. It's likely that the markets may reach some st extreme volatility here soon into the FOMC report Tues. Trade on reduced positions,...trade safe. ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:12 AM

Well the obvious trend is down but be careful,... my short term indicator have turned ever so slightly...so

I'm using some cash to Buy a little here as a st trade...I may exit at the close or Monday as

we could see a bounce what type of bounce I would expect something like a +25-50 point move in the NDX.

It's likely that the markets may reach some st extreme volatility here soon into the FOMC report Tues.

Trade on reduced positions,...trade safe. ;)

my charts look exactly like the charts from Tuesday which precipitated a big decline...what do you see that leads to higher prices???

thanks!

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:16 AM

Here is the question.... When will the markets start anticipating the rate cut ? I think there is a good chance that the Fed will change its tone on Tuesday to calm the markets down. Something about balance of risks no longer being strongly inflationary.. blah blah blah. But the rate cut is the next move for sure. When are we going to start anticipating it ? btw, there is 40 bil in Treasury paydowns coming to market next week. Desperately needed liquidity.

#4 CNSZ

CNSZ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:24 AM

But the rate cut is the next move for sure. When are we going to start anticipating it ?

You truly believe the rate cut is on the way? I do not think so, FED could not cut the rate even there is a defilation. unless you believe we can afford even weaker us dollar.

#5 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:27 AM

I think there is a good chance that the Fed will change its tone on Tuesday to calm the markets down.

Nope! it would kill the US peso...

#6 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:37 AM

I think there is a good chance that the Fed will change its tone on Tuesday to calm the markets down.

Credit and liquidity at this point are more important then US peso, IMO.

#7 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:37 AM

lol

#8 kc135a

kc135a

• Traders-Talk User
  • 501 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:10 AM

But the rate cut is the next move for sure. When are we going to start anticipating it ?

You truly believe the rate cut is on the way? I do not think so, FED could not cut the rate even there is a defilation. unless you believe we can afford even weaker us dollar.

Next year is an election year. After that the FED can raise to it's hearts content.

For certain I would not be looking for an increase until after the elections.

KC

#9 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:16 AM

Next year is an election year. After that the FED can raise to it's hearts content.

For certain I would not be looking for an increase until after the elections.

KC

my thought - dont know if the import is the same when the incumbent cannot run - any action is more or less equally felt by the two new party faces, and thus apolitical. It would actually help anyone elected to have the worst happen now.

FWIW

klh
best,
klh